Gransnet forums

Chat

Reminder please

(10 Posts)
nanapug Mon 10-Aug-15 11:09:55

I haven't been on here for an age and can't remember how to "tag" someone when you are replying to their thread, to highlight their name. Is there a way or is it only on good old FB that you can do that. The old brain is clearly fading a bit!!

ninathenana Mon 10-Aug-15 11:19:19

* name. * but with no spaces.

Can you tell me how to do it on FB please smile

Elegran Mon 10-Aug-15 11:24:45

There are instructions on how to do that and also to do smileys, italics and so on, down below the text box you type your comment into.

ninathenana Mon 10-Aug-15 11:33:07

They don't appear on the mobile site though, you have to click the I between grin and paperclip

nanapug Mon 10-Aug-15 14:54:48

I saw that Elegran but couldn't see what I wanted. On FB ninathenana you start typing their name in the comments box and you will get a list of names come up with similar names. You click on the one you want and it will come up in blue and they will be notified. Hope that is what you mean ninathenana x

Elegran Mon 10-Aug-15 18:24:45

No-one is notified of a post appearing on a thread on this forum, nanapug, you have to take your chance about noticing that there is one that you want to read.

Or do you mean someone being notified of a private message being in their GN inbox? That notification goes to them automatically when you type their name into the appropriate box on the private message page. If you have PMd them previously, typing the first few letters brings up their whole username.

nanapug Mon 10-Aug-15 18:54:30

No, I just meant to "highlight" their name thanks Elegran. Just like that!!

HappyNan1 Mon 10-Aug-15 22:29:06

Thank you ninathenana that is very helpful smile

FarNorth Mon 10-Aug-15 23:14:16

Thanks for the FB info Nanapug. I was wondering how to do that smile

janeainsworth Mon 10-Aug-15 23:20:36

On FB you have to put the @ before the person's name to tag them.