Gransnet forums

Chat

I'm so relieved I'm almost skipping!!

(14 Posts)
dustyangel Tue 18-Aug-15 19:32:23

Very pleased you are feeling better Katek. I hope you have a good time at your brothers.

Katek Tue 18-Aug-15 10:41:53

Didn't quite manage the jig but sat in garden until late enjoying the mild weather. (Doesn't get properly dark up here so neighbours might still have seen me!) As the say up here it's been a sair tyauve (Doric dialect for hard struggle) but feel I've turned a corner. Off to Shroppie tomorrow to see bro 2, looking forward to it and am quite excited about a long train journey! Thanks for all your support and good wishes smile

Teetime Tue 18-Aug-15 09:18:57

Its good to hear that someone is taking care of you Katek there are some wonderful doctors around. We do have to do our bit as patients though with rights also come responsibilities. I'm sure you will do this but the following things are worth reiterating - compliance with treatment plans, attending appointments, keeping a note of symptoms possibly a diary all help the doctor do their best for you. I hope your health improves soon. flowers

Anya Mon 17-Aug-15 23:06:21

Good to hear that Kate

(It's dark now so neighbours won't see you if you do that jig)

Elegran Mon 17-Aug-15 22:43:46

Write to the practice manager praising her to the skies. They might get the message that the rest of them don't come up to standard.

POGS Mon 17-Aug-15 21:46:11

KateK

Good news.

I hope she is a 'keeper' at your surgery she sounds 'just what the doctor ordered' smile

thatbags Mon 17-Aug-15 20:21:45

Glad to hear this, katek. Hope the plan works well.

granjura Mon 17-Aug-15 18:51:44

Wonderful Katek- and everything crossed that it will all fall into place x take care

Lona Mon 17-Aug-15 18:40:51

Great katek, you must feel relieved in every way! Ongoing anxiety is very draining as well as being ill!
I'm so pleased for you sunshine

soontobe Mon 17-Aug-15 18:14:22

Yeah!

MiniMouse Mon 17-Aug-15 17:44:21

That's really good to hear Katyk Onwards and upwards smile

Nandalot Mon 17-Aug-15 17:43:38

So pleased for you. Hope the medication and treatment plan do the trick.

Luckygirl Mon 17-Aug-15 17:39:40

Such good news - but so sad that this feels a rare event!

Katek Mon 17-Aug-15 17:29:35

New locum gp who is here for a year is absolutely wonderful. Friendly, approachable, informed, considerate and kind-I'm so relieved. She's sorted out medication, treatment plan and follow up appointment in 2 weeks. We also discussed spirometry tests but we're going to wait and see how I get on now we have a clear cut plan. I actually feel better already!! Just shows how big a part our psychology plays in keeping us well. Could do small jig round garden but neighbours will think I've lost it completely!