Gransnet forums

Chat

There is a heatwave arriving in the next few days................ ...

(59 Posts)
kittylester Sat 05-Sep-15 11:39:37

because we have turned on the central heating and I have put my (mostly unworn) summer clothes in the wardrobe in the spare room.

So remember - it's me you will have to thank when you are basking in beautiful warm sunshine next week! grin

kittylester Tue 08-Sep-15 14:25:52

There's no pesky heatwave here! sad

jellybeanjean Tue 08-Sep-15 14:37:10

Sunny and warm here in Christchurch, Dorset. In fact, when I was toenail cutting in an airless, triple-glazed sun room a couple of hours ago, I was praying for the next ice age.

tanith Tue 08-Sep-15 15:19:54

No heatwave here either its cloudy and rather chilly, no sign of long sunny periods we were promised by Carol Kirkwood on Breakfast this morning... what a disappointment.

kittylester Tue 08-Sep-15 15:53:44

jellybeanjean, I wish you hadn't mentioned toe nails! We really do need a finger down the throat emoticon!

rosequartz Tue 08-Sep-15 18:37:19

tanith the latest pronouncement by the Met Office is that they need an even better and more expensive computer to be able to predict more accurately.

If Carol had phoned me this morning I could have told her how cloudy and cold it was here - just where she was showing lovely warm sunshine

Nelliemoser Tue 08-Sep-15 18:59:44

The sooner the better. It was really warm this morning but by tea time I was freezing. I broke my wool jumper out from the summer vacuum bag and put it on.

Lupatria Tue 08-Sep-15 19:43:03

lovely and warm here in dorset today although it's clouded over a bit tonight. the weather's good up until friday but then the weekend is going to be horrendous as is next week.
could do with some sunshine however - i've still got things to do in the garden which were delayed by the rain during the summer.

Auntieflo Tue 08-Sep-15 22:34:00

Been lovely in Berks today. Central heating not on, wrong, only the bathroom radiator so we have nice warm towels