Gransnet forums

Chat

Who would you like to take afternoon tea with?

(31 Posts)
Blondehedgehog Tue 24-Nov-15 13:14:54

I was asked this question the other day. It could be anyone I was told

After a l o n g time I said Dolly Parton. She is not just a made up bimbo, but a very good business woman, She has taken a big interest in getting young children to read, providing free books to schools, even in the UK. There is a very different side to Dolly from the one projected, I would like to find out more

So, who would you like to have afternoon tea with?

Marmark1 Wed 25-Nov-15 09:03:02

Flutterby123,a woman after me own heart.I must add Judy Dench and Billy Connally.

MariClaire Wed 25-Nov-15 10:05:47

Marelli I'm American, and live on the West Coast. I've enjoyed all the virtual conversations here for a long while. If I ever visit Edinburgh I'll join in your meet-up! I too wish I could take my Mom out for tea. But maybe I could take DD instead-get a lot of questions answered now!

JackyB Wed 25-Nov-15 11:46:24

So many. Where to start? Perhaps I'd feel most at home talking to anyone I went to school with. Especially my boyfriends from back then!

I'd be too starstruck or nervous to talk to a celebrity, although there are plenty, like, say Julie Walters, who I am sure would make anyone feel at ease. Many others, I would be worried that we wouldn't have anything in common.

henetha Wed 25-Nov-15 11:55:49

I agree about Freddie Mercury, - I just adored him. And I'm a huge fan of Dolly Parton too.

henetha Wed 25-Nov-15 11:56:44

Pressed send too soon! Sorry.
I wanted to add one of my own, mmmm... Stephen Fry would be interesting, I think.