Gransnet forums

Chat

Upset insides......

(8 Posts)
Blondehedgehog Fri 27-Nov-15 12:13:11

For me it depends on what has caused the 'dicky tummy'
Sometimes it is a cold, the medical tablets I have to take.
When ever I feel all is not well in the tummy area I reach for Imodium instant (not an advert) With in an hour I am fine.
I will not go any where with out them now

Teetime Fri 27-Nov-15 09:40:03

Having eventually got rid (just of a four week cold and chest I have a dicky tummy now - been up most of the night. I shall treat conservatively (stop stuffing mincepies down myself) and go to the hairdressers.

Nelliemoser Thu 26-Nov-15 23:07:16

Katyk it sounds s if a duvet day would be the best answer. I have started drinking mugs of half hot half cold water when I am unwell instead of tea. I find cold water can be a bit of shock to the stomach.

Luckygirl Thu 26-Nov-15 13:33:06

I spend a large amount of my time battling with nausea and these I would recommend:

- ginger tea (preferably made with fresh ginger)
- ginger biscuits
- fizzy water
- crackers
- determination not to let it beat you!

Good luck

harrigran Thu 26-Nov-15 13:14:22

There is a bug going around, DH and I are into our second week of snuffles and dodgy tummy. GC are very generous with their sharing.

Katek Thu 26-Nov-15 10:53:49

Thanks bellanonna, but must avoid JK show or bp will shoot through the roof. Am now ensconced under a throw with water, book, iPad and tv remote. Feel so lazy-not good at looking after myself.

Bellanonna Thu 26-Nov-15 10:41:32

Bad luck Katek. Not what you want right now. Or any time really. Yes try daytime TV, a lie down with a book, eat carefully and drink lots. Water I mean. Hope you feel better soon !

Katek Thu 26-Nov-15 10:32:56

If it's not one thing it's another! Chest is good (for me), but have woken this morning feeling decidedly queasy-as my late father would have said, 'umpity'. Too busy for day on sofa, panto opens on Monday, but my innards are winning at the moment. Daytime tv anyone?