Gransnet forums

Chat

Have you opened the window on your Advent calendar yet?

(11 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Wed 02-Dec-15 11:01:22

Don't forget.

So far I have had a little donkey and a robin. tchsmile

Katek Wed 02-Dec-15 11:06:45

I haven't got one tchhmm

tanith Wed 02-Dec-15 11:19:31

Me either (or is it neither?)grin

Ana Wed 02-Dec-15 11:22:20

Was it given to you, jingl, or did you buy it yourself?

(I haven't got one either)

Elegran Wed 02-Dec-15 11:43:40

No windows on mine, but I've built the first little house and put it in place. It looks lonely.

Aurelia Wed 02-Dec-15 11:52:52

Mine has a chocolate for every day! tchsmile

I like yours Elegran where did you find that?

Elegran Wed 02-Dec-15 12:12:06

Someoine mentioned them on another thread. I found mine from www.turnerscards.co.uk/ which is one of a string of Independent Phoenix Traders, by Googling "Snowy Village Advent Calendar". There seem to be a lot of those Independent Phoenix Traders.

I also bought some advent bottles online from www.world-of-bottles.co.uk - graduated with a drink a day, empty to fill with your choice of booze. It is flatrate £9 postage from Germany so better to buy several as gifts.

(PS - not advertising, no connection with either of these, just recommending something that I have actually bought)

ninathenana Wed 02-Dec-15 13:45:03

No pics or chocolate on mine either. I've had this more years than I can remember.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 02-Dec-15 14:03:41

I bought it yesterday Ana. I decided to go for a simple one from Oxfam. It's really nice actually. (no choccies! would only want more hmm)

WilmaKnickersfit Wed 02-Dec-15 14:18:37

I went for the Jacquie Lawson one again for my laptop. It's a snow globe that you click on to open an animated Victorian street scene this year. Yesterday was the teddy bear brass band playing Christmas carols under the bandstand. Then I visited the library to read the book for 1st December and found out about the history of brass and silver bands. I bought 3 calendars so I could send 2 to friends, so mine only cost £2.20. Will open today's after tea with DH. smile

Jacquie Lawson animated Victorian Advent calendar

Elegran that bottle website is very interesting. smile

aggie Wed 02-Dec-15 14:35:43

third year for this one , a different figure for the Nativity Scene in each wee drawer .I am waiting for the DGC to open it today