Gransnet forums

Chat

middle aged moment and Microsoft

(111 Posts)
Indinana Wed 02-Dec-15 16:04:00

Superb Anya, I hope I get the opportunity to try that one tchgrin

WilmaKnickersfit Wed 02-Dec-15 15:54:41

My 80yr old FIL has been doing something similar recently. He's just had new hearing aids (at last grin) and in the weeks before, he really struggled to use the phone. He's realised now though that his deafness is rather useful when he gets unsolicited calls and he's started to pretend he can't hear the caller properly (especially if they are abroad). He doesn't speak to many people during his day, so he can have a bit of fun with a call to break up the monotony. Old devil! tchgrin

petra Wed 02-Dec-15 15:50:50

For some reason they don't like my rape alarm.

Nelliemoser Wed 02-Dec-15 15:49:33

Well done Anya

downtoearth Wed 02-Dec-15 15:28:56

grin gringrin Anya nice one

Katek Wed 02-Dec-15 15:07:00

grin Anya! Superb!

janeainsworth Wed 02-Dec-15 14:47:49

Anya grin

Galen Wed 02-Dec-15 14:45:07

Chuckle!

felice Wed 02-Dec-15 14:41:10

I must try that one Anya...

Anya Wed 02-Dec-15 14:22:36

Must be the season felice I had one too. I was just settling down to read the paper so decided to have some fun with him. Pretending to be deaf in response to him identifying himself as being from Microsoft I 'misheard' him and welcomed him

'Michael? Not heard from you for ages!'
'Not Michael, I'm from Microsoft'
'Hang on a minute, let me get my hearing aid Michael, don't go away'
He assured me he would wait (made him repeat it twice)
Came back after about 3 minutes and asked
'Michael, I'm very sorry I can't remember what you asked me to get'
He replied I was going to find my hearing aid. I asked him to speak up but at this point he put the phone down.

Pity! I was enjoying myself tchgrin

felice Wed 02-Dec-15 13:58:26

Had one of the phone calls from so-called Microsoft this morning, young man who happily informed me he was in my home city in Scotland, when I asked him the address, the postcode was Holyrood palace, going up in the world. I got annoyed with him and he started shouting at me, stupid to keep him on the line.

Then,,,, I hate shopping, so tried online, after spending ages registering for the site finally made my purchase,,,, 2 hours later realised I had not put in my reference number, called the bank and the very nice girl in the local branch after having a chuckle cancelled the transaction. Tried again and hopefully got it right, I wouldn't mind but there is a retail outlet of the company just 20 mins walk away.

Hoping the day gets a wee bit calmer, I cannot not anwser unknown numbers as a lot of friends and family use them, including my Mums care home. I usually just tell them to off but quite interesting to here the latest story sometimes.

Do not think I will tell DD, I would get the 'look', but had to tell someone.