Gransnet forums

Chat

Congratulations

(64 Posts)
Anniebach Tue 12-Jan-16 09:41:14

To Rupert Murdoch and Jerry Hall on their engagement , I wish them a very long and happy marriage . Wonderful to see two people so in love grin

tiredoldwoman Fri 04-Mar-16 06:15:50

Oh my goodness , this is actually happening this weekend ! I'd hoped Old Mick might have grovelled his way back with re-newed interest in Jerry - I liked them together !
' You don't always get what you want ' goes his song !

Bellanonna Wed 13-Jan-16 22:38:05

Or worse, without them !

NanKate Wed 13-Jan-16 22:07:34

I wonder what he looks like in his jim jams blush

WilmaKnickersfit Wed 13-Jan-16 21:06:28

I haven't thought about it since Iam told me not to this morning! grin

Jalima Wed 13-Jan-16 19:50:51

WilmaKnickersfit yes, quite, I won't think about it either

Iam64 Wed 13-Jan-16 19:50:28

Hey Wilma - try and think about something else. Anything else. You could fantasise about how they'll decorate whichever of their many mansions they decide to use as main base. Where each of their many children will sit when they all meet for Sunday lunch. What shared interests and hobbies they may have wink

WilmaKnickersfit Wed 13-Jan-16 19:41:39

I don't have a problem with people in their 80s having sex. I think they're both intelligent and interesting individuals, which is an attractive combination. I can also see her deciding at this stage of her life, money is as important as love and affection. Although she's wealthy in her own right, he can offer her an amazing life style she would enjoy. I can also imagine him being very loving toward her (and the rest of his family).

Maybe sex isn't on the agenda, who knows? But I still can't imagine them having sex, so I will not do it.

Jalima Wed 13-Jan-16 19:12:28

Why do we have to be think about sex and the bedroom?

Why not?! Perhaps they can afford to each have their own bedroom and another bedroom to share sometimes?

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 13-Jan-16 17:40:17

Sigh! I swear it's the site does that

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 13-Jan-16 17:39:44

agree with Kittycat.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 13-Jan-16 17:39:34

agree with Kittycat.

Kittycat Wed 13-Jan-16 17:38:23

Maybe they find each other interesting to talk to, good companions etc. Why do we have to be think about sex and the bedroom? They can certainly afforded to each have their own bedroom, bathroom,dressing rooms, walk in wardrobes probably bigger than my living room! But as I said to my husband yesterday evening when we heard the news. Maybe in the course of conversation she mentioned it was a shame she'd never had a proper wedding or been legally married and he just turned round and jokingly said 'marry me then!'

Elrel Wed 13-Jan-16 17:11:08

Oriental doLL!! Where is the EDIT facility??

Elrel Wed 13-Jan-16 17:10:08

Trisher - his last wife was no tiny Oriental do, she was a muscular basketball champion who knew how to land a punch! He must like action women.

loopylou Wed 13-Jan-16 16:46:16

He's got 'It'.......never yet found out what 'It' is though being very rich and rather old might help?

Seriously though best of luck to her, he's old enough to be her father (I can't imagine what his ex and their respective children think ?)
Very glad it isn't me!

tiredoldwoman Wed 13-Jan-16 16:35:55

I was horrified at this news, I'd always hoped she would rekindle her romance with Bryan Ferry . When I saw Rupert Murdoch I thought of a boiled frog . Beauty and The Beast .

Phoebes Wed 13-Jan-16 16:26:11

RM is a lot shorter than JH, but when he stands on his wallet he's a lot taller!

trisher Wed 13-Jan-16 14:34:05

Maybe getting Murdoch is some sort of karma????

GrandmaH Wed 13-Jan-16 12:50:33

I've never forgiven her for having both Mick Jagger & Bryan Ferry. Not fair. I had posters of them both on my bedroom wall - still would but DH would complain -although I do have a sneaky one of Lawrence Dallagalio in back bedroom where I iron & do my crafts (ex rugby player- totes gorg as my GD would say!)

janepearce6 Wed 13-Jan-16 11:50:57

Can you tell me Jerry, what attracted you to the millionaire Rupert Murdoch?

Gagagran Wed 13-Jan-16 11:23:00

Jerry once repeated what her Mother had advised her about keeping her man:

"Be a maid in the living room, a chef in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom"

Jerry said she would hire the maid and the chef! Great sense of humour - hope she keeps it in her new life.

Penstemmon Wed 13-Jan-16 11:20:35

midwifecf I am sure that power is part of the attraction. Just in my opinion, he uses it badly! So if he was what I thought of as a very handsome 40 year old he would not cut it for me!

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 13-Jan-16 11:20:31

The answer to your question ab is just too obvious to post. smile

Midwifecf Wed 13-Jan-16 11:16:13

Honestly you all sound very ageist
Rupert Murdoch, because he is an entrepreneur and very dynamic will likely be very exciting to be with
Just because you are in your eighties doesn't mean that you are sexless
Stop imagining it - it's not your business, just hope you are up for it when you are their age.

Penstemmon Wed 13-Jan-16 10:45:33

Comments and programmes across 12 hours of broadcasting as an obit. of David Bowie, an icon of modern British culture, is that what people don't like? i hope ther will be more grin Such an original man.

Rupert M is not , to put it mildly, my cup of tea ..never mind age or appearance which is irrelevant when one is 'in love'! He is by all accounts a rather unpleasant man!