Gransnet forums

Chat

My new Granddaughter, I finally belong here!

(61 Posts)
MammaTJ Sun 07-Feb-16 22:46:52

I just thought I would introduce Mia hope, born 6/2/16 at 11.35 pm.

First pic, the one on the scales, pic with Mummy and pic with Granny!

She is beautiful and I am blown away by how much I love her already and how much stronger her being born has made my bond with my eldest daughter!

She weighed 7lbs 12 ozs, was born with the help of forceps.

ginny Mon 08-Feb-16 16:24:30

Congratulation !

Our little Granson arrived 3 weeks early on the 23rd January. he caused some panic but is now doing well. Oh, those first cuddles and thoughts of all the love and fun to come.

Dillonsgranma Mon 08-Feb-16 18:06:49

So happy for you. She is just lovely! Xx

Penstemmon Mon 08-Feb-16 18:18:02

nothing quite like that first cuddle of a grandchild grin Congratulations to you and your family. Enjoy x

katie1 Mon 08-Feb-16 19:00:16

Congratulations Mamma TJ and welcome to the world Mia.

Willow500 Mon 08-Feb-16 20:11:38

Congratulations - I was so unprepared for that rush of love I felt for my 1st granddaughter when I saw her 18 years ago - it never changes either. Enjoy every moment - before you know it she'll be at uni and moving in with her boyfriend smile

rhki54 Mon 08-Feb-16 22:00:37

Congratulations!!! Being a Grandma is wonderful!!! Enjoy all the cuddles!!!!

jacq10 Mon 08-Feb-16 22:22:39

Thanks for sharing these photographs with us - wonderful time for the family. Someone once told me "you love your children but you are in love with your grandchildren" - how true!!

rubylady Tue 09-Feb-16 05:28:39

Congratulations MammTJ and welcome to the site. We are all very lovely. Mia looks gorgeous and congratulations to mummy too, she looks so well after the birth. Well done to all. X

NannaM Tue 09-Feb-16 14:54:13

That "falling in love" moment! When you look at that perfect little face, and hold that perfect, most cuddlesome little body.......congratulations! It just gets better from here!

MammaTJ Tue 09-Feb-16 23:18:19

It surely cannot get better!!

I went over today, as DD was crying at me last night. I took our 'tame midwife' as in my close friend who is a MW with me. She sorted out her feeding issues. I stayed and gave my GD her first bath. I gave both parents a lot of support and encouragement. DSIL was giving DD drinks of water with a straw while she was breastfeeding. He also made toast that she allowed to go cold, so he made fresh! I am not worried about DD's care!