Gransnet forums

Chat

I'm happy

(13 Posts)
Auntieflo Fri 12-Feb-16 12:42:21

Well I am, this morning I received in the post some John Lewis vouchers for coffee and cake. Haven't had them for ages, DH has, but the ' lost' them!
You can see it doesn't take a lot to please me these days. I also feel very virtuous as I have cleared another bin bag of junk/treasures wink. This decorating lark sure makes you want to have a clean start, and next door's handy skip is a boon. I shall also take a bag of more stuff to the charity shop, perhaps this afternoon, as I am getting the urge to drive again, after the new knee. I have been very lazy in being driven about for two months, so all these feelings are a bit like the opposite of 'nesting' when pregnant, heaven forbid. I am de-nesting confused. By the way, after a visit to the physio yesterday, he said my knee could now bend at 105 degrees, (i think)
It is getting better every day, little by little, hooray.

Nonnie Fri 12-Feb-16 12:43:58

Good for you. It is lovely to hear such good news. We all need motivation but sometimes I find it hard to do.

Alima Fri 12-Feb-16 12:55:18

It is good to know your knee is so much better. I love that "purged" feeling when you get to have a good clear out! (Cannot wait to do the same when DD and DGS move on to their new home next week. At the moment there isn't room to do anything!)

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 12-Feb-16 13:31:52

smile Good to hear.

Bellanonna Fri 12-Feb-16 14:08:06

It's good to have the update AuntieFlo. You've clearly been doing your exercises! Hope all the pain's gone !

Marmark1 Sat 13-Feb-16 08:36:20

I am very glad for you.

Alea Sat 13-Feb-16 08:55:56

I too received my coffee and cake vouchers and like you I felt cheered.
How easy it would be to spread a little happiness if a few random vouchers/£20 notes/£20 off coupons/winning (minor prize would do) lottery tickets just appeared through the letter box every now and then.
Or you could have an NHS voucher which entitled you to see the GP of your choice this side of next month (cynical, moi?) smile

annsixty Sat 13-Feb-16 09:15:53

Sorry off topic but I was picking up a prescription from GP surgery yesterday and the man in front of me was asking to see a particular Dr. The receptionist explained it would be several weeks as he had gone to India to attend the wedding of his best friend's son. Apart from the indiscretion on her part it seemed a long time to be away. If it was the senior partner they were talking about less than 2 years ago he went to Australia for 6 weeks. No wonder it is so hard to see a Dr of choice.

Teetime Sat 13-Feb-16 09:44:46

Well done with the knee!!! We got my vouchers yesterday. I'm sitting here listening to Grieg's Piano Concerto - HEAVEN!!!!

Alea Sat 13-Feb-16 10:26:26

Simple pleasures smilesmile

Tizliz Sat 13-Feb-16 12:03:10

annsixty our doctor went to Africa to help with the Ebola crisis, he came back with the nurse Pauline Cafferkey! Did make us think for a few weeks whether we wanted to see him.

annsixty Sat 13-Feb-16 12:57:52

Yes I would have thought twice. A very selfless thing to to though.

Auntieflo Sun 14-Feb-16 09:08:45

My little ASUS tablet is working!!! Yeah smile. Yesterday I thought it had died. Turned out I had tried to charge it with the wrong charger blush. My DIL is not cross with me because we forgot to send them an anniversary card for today, and the sun is shining.