Gransnet forums

Chat

DW and DH (or partners) on GN ???

(46 Posts)
Cherrytree59 Sun 14-Feb-16 16:37:05

I have been on GN since last summer
And I really enjoy reading and adding posts. So much so that I often say..
'On grandsnet they advise this or that'
Or ' isn't that interesting bit of info'
And 'listen to this its so funny/sad'
You could say I've been a GN ambassador!
But in a few weeks DH is retiring and says he will have time for such things as GN
shock NO GN is mine!
I never tell him what I post ( he wouldn't understand or get the wrong end of the stick)
He doesn't know my GN name but would soon guess!
I feel my freedom on GN would be curtailed.
I'm sure there are joint GN members
So how do you get on?
How do other GNetters feel about there OH being on GN?

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 14-Feb-16 22:10:13

I feel a bit sad about that.

ninathenana Mon 15-Feb-16 00:39:24

It was very slow jings

Elegran Mon 15-Feb-16 08:58:13

jings Perhaps what made GN so much better was us ? (#alwaysmodest) Despite all the complaints that fly around about the site and the posters, we do seem to have a good thing going, and no-one can deny that it is lively. The professional way that Geraldine and co got the site up and going, filled it with material and competitions, and marketed it to the world may just have helped too.

Golfwidow Mon 15-Feb-16 11:47:00

It seems a bit sad that you have managed to turn a post about whether or not you would like your OH to join in here in to an assassination of another Granny site, albeit deceased!?

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 15-Feb-16 11:59:58

Yes, that's true Elegran. (Wonder what Geraldine's doing these days)

Golfwidow It's not an assassination of anything. We had a fun thing going with them two or years back. It is sad they hav folded.

I think this site is a lot easier to negotiate than Grannynet was.

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 15-Feb-16 12:00:24

two or three years

Jalima Mon 15-Feb-16 15:30:45

Can you assassinate something that is already dead? confused

Ana Mon 15-Feb-16 15:40:17

Good point, Jalima...

M0nica Mon 15-Feb-16 19:43:28

We had a slight contretemps when DH followed my posts on GN and we have agreed that each of us has our own forums where, under a pseudonym,we can let our hair down and it is off limits to the other.

It doesn't stop either of us sharing information or mentioning things we have seen or read on our forums - and we frequently do. I confess, I also changed my user name.

Lavande Mon 15-Feb-16 20:04:01

Mr Lavande occasionally asks what I am doing on GN. I give him a suitably vague reply. He would not be interested in joining and if he was I would certainly put him off. He has got his headphones on right now so can't hear me 'tapping' and I am trying not to look as though I am writing about him.

Lona Mon 15-Feb-16 20:26:02

Maybe all the newbies who are easily offended by the sometimes blunt straightforward responses to their innocent new threads, are refugees from Grannynet!

Jalima Mon 15-Feb-16 20:30:57

It must have been lovely over there Lona

Shestheone Mon 15-Feb-16 21:30:42

I'm not sure who would be most horrified - me that he could snoop read through my posts, or him when he snoops reads through my posts....... smile

Synonymous Mon 15-Feb-16 21:45:50

Cherrytree It would be good to have more men on the site but I know what you mean about GN being 'yours' and I would agree it is probably better to keep the user name under your hat. OHs might be able to identify us but perhaps not.
My DH is not really interested except when I get a fit of the giggles and 'needs to know' why. Fortunately he is very into genealogy which keeps him very occupied and I am full of admiration for all that he has managed to dig up! grin

pollyparrot Tue 16-Feb-16 09:59:50

Anyone can read these threads, whether a member or not. I suggest watching what you post if you're concerned about DH, or anyone else, reading your words.

Cherrytree59 Tue 16-Feb-16 10:56:43

I agree polyparrot
I would never write anything about DH, my family or friends that would be upsetting.
I think DH was just winding me up as his retirement is in a few weeks and I have Jobs list for him at the readygrin
I sometimes go out for coffee with friends we have laugh and a joke , (occasionaly about our DH or family). It wouldn't be the same if one of the DH decided to join us!
I feel the same about GN

NanKate Tue 16-Feb-16 16:18:48

Heavens No I do not want DH on GN he would say:

'You shouldn't have said that'
'You have got that wrong'
'This is such a waste of time'
'Is that my brother you are slagging off?'

What does DW stand for ?

NanKate Tue 16-Feb-16 21:14:02

I realise now DW stands for Dear Wife, what a wally I am. grin

TriciaF Wed 17-Feb-16 11:09:09

My husband wouldn't want to be on here, even when I tell him about some post or topic that I think is really interesting or funny he just says "hmmm" and goes back to his news and politics websites.
He has an office upstairs with his own 'puter.
It would be good, though to have more men on the forum, more balanced.

Willow500 Wed 17-Feb-16 21:05:55

My other half has no interest on anything like GN, FB, Twitter or anything although he is on Linked In. I do sometimes relay something to him if we're talking about a particular subject that's been on here but I wouldn't like him to join - he doesn't know my name (user) and would instantly forget it if I told him grin