Gransnet forums

Chat

How would you do?

(30 Posts)
ninathenana Mon 07-Mar-16 11:22:37

I've just read a post on the Alzheimer's Society forum from someone saying that, at their recent assessment, they were asked to name four animals that begin with 's' and that they could only think of snake. Well I added snail and then went blank shock Also they were asked to count back from 100 in 7s that took me a while as I never did learn all my times tables blush
At the moment I have no personal concerns regarding dementia but I was surprised how tricky I found this.

Tegan Mon 07-Mar-16 16:28:08

I couldn't think of any sad. And, yesterday I bought something for £27 and handed over £47. The honest lad at the till looked at me sadly and handed me the £20 back sadsad....oooo'er

f77ms Mon 07-Mar-16 16:52:53

My X when he was unwillingly looking after his 90yr old Mum and had moved in for his own convenience, took her to the Gp hoping(I think) that they would whisk her off to a care home . They asked all the usual questions Year, day , Prime minister etc and she not only knew the answers she enlarged on them all, ie Sam Cam , the Queens children and grandchildren ,all there ages . What she was doing this time last year .....
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall and seen my X`s face . She finished of with "I never asked him to come and live with me , and I don`t need looking after" which she didn`t and lived to be in her late 90`s .

Iam64 Mon 07-Mar-16 18:43:18

A decade ago when our parents were being asked to count backwards from 100 in 7's, my sisters and I swore we'd ensure the medical staff asking us to do this when we were much older, must be told that we couldn't do it as fit young 40 or 50 somethings. I know, we ought to be ashamed but honestly, ask something reasonable like who the prime minister is and what day of the week, date and year it is. Mind you, I'm beginning to struggle with the day of the week and the date since I retired because I CBA.

phoenix Mon 07-Mar-16 19:44:30

Springbok, sloth, salamander, stoat, as for the numbers, pah! Forget it!

BTW, the difference between a stoat and a weasel?

Weasily distinguished, because they are stoatally different.