Gransnet forums

Chat

Packing Away Winter Garb

(103 Posts)
wot Tue 03-May-16 14:07:37

I've already packed away half of my winter clothes as don't have enough room for winter and summer in my wardrobes. Am I going to regret it? I think if I leave a couple of wooly pullys and a fleece or two available it should be okay. Oh, what I'd give for a huge, walk in wardrobe!!

Pittcity Sun 08-May-16 12:32:53

I'm sure I've got enough cardis etc. to cope NotToo wink

NotTooOld Sun 08-May-16 10:20:34

Pittcity - are you sure you should do that? You'll get the blame if the temperature drops now. smile

Pittcity Sun 08-May-16 07:54:15

I have packed several of my Winter jumpers in the charity bag NotToo

Mamie Sun 08-May-16 07:36:08

Negligée
It means neglected or can't be bothered to have done something in French. grin

Pippa000 Sun 08-May-16 07:13:45

While the family in Wales bake in the sun here in "sunny" Cyprus the temperature has dropped to 12 degrees and I have put the blankets back on the bed. Thunder and lightening yesterday, and more forecast. Where are my winter sweaters?

NotTooOld Sat 07-May-16 22:42:31

Well, getting back to the subject of packing away winter garb.......grin.....I did just that yesterday morning. I now have three bags of clothes to put in the charity bin. They are currently 'hidden' in the guest bedroom, out of sight of DH. If he sees them I'll never hear the end of it, especially if he spots the ones which still have the shop labels on them........blush

wot Sat 07-May-16 20:10:28

My sister swallowed a sixpence. We were keener to inspect the loo for a few days after that!

wot Sat 07-May-16 20:09:10

???? I can't even say the word on here about windypops

whitewave Sat 07-May-16 19:54:12

I'm the same.

I do think our parents had a very odd outlook at some things.
I can remember I must have been about 7 having constipation. I eventually went and blocked the loo.I got really told off for that.

wot Sat 07-May-16 19:38:38

My dad was always uptight about that sort of thing......if us children did it in front of him, we were ordered to go to the bathroom!!!

wot Sat 07-May-16 19:35:36

How awful!!! It's always difficult the first time that happens! I always dread doing that in a public loo or trying not mot burst into laughter if someone else does it.

whitewave Sat 07-May-16 19:23:48

Talk about coming out of the bathroom. It must have been the day (approx) that we were back from honeymoon. I went into the bathroom for a wee and accidentally passed wind, which at that stage of our marriage caused me severe embarrassment. I can remember timidly going back into the bedroom and DH had covered his face with the sheet and the bed was shaking with his laughterblush

Tizliz Sat 07-May-16 19:23:37

Since moving to north Scotland I just wear winter clothing - more layers or less. I don't even have sandals ??

whitewave Sat 07-May-16 19:17:57

Don't know that's why I said robegrin

wot Sat 07-May-16 18:56:10

It used to be a cliche, the bride coming out of the bathroom in a beautiful nightdress and negliche on the wedding night. How romantic! Nowadays it's probably a t shirt or fleece pyjamas! How do you spell negligche btw?

wot Sat 07-May-16 18:52:03

Do girls still have a 'bottom drawer"?

whitewave Sat 07-May-16 18:34:52

I am sure that if you even get something like it the cost would be so enormous that I couldn't afford it anyway. Mine was a pale blue and my friends was a coral.

KatyK Sat 07-May-16 18:33:47

I think I'll keep my winter stuff out. We had lovely warm sunshine in Birmingham today. Now we have an horrendous hail storm, thunder and lightning and black skies. sad

wot Sat 07-May-16 18:30:05

How lovely.

whitewave Sat 07-May-16 18:22:27

One of my bridesmaids mothers worked for them and she gave us -we got married within a fortnight of each other - both, a froth of lace and silk nightdress and matching robe. I have never owned such a glamorous set since.

wot Sat 07-May-16 18:18:44

Do you remember those stiff, conical bras which stayed dented if you poked them
Oh dear, this is funny!

wot Sat 07-May-16 18:17:24

Hahaha! You poor thing! I was horrible to my friend really but it still tickles me to think of it. My sister got a job with Kaysor bonda. I think they were called and used to bring home some lovely trimming. No actual bras though, worst luck!

Ana Sat 07-May-16 17:47:17

Your poor friend, wot...confused

The first bra I ever had was one of my stepmother's old cast-offs! It was way too big and I was mortified...

wot Sat 07-May-16 17:41:30

Thank goodness for the Gossard Wonderbra!

wot Sat 07-May-16 17:40:34

Willow hahaha!! My friend and I had no bust at all as we were youngest in class and skinny little things. It was not acceptable at all to be flat chested, so in the Easter holidays, we bought a white cotton bra each and cut some foam up and stuck it in the bras with bostick! We had to shear the same bra until the next holiday! It was so funny because my friend couldn't get the foam the correct shape and she started crying, in a panic as she couldn't get it right. I laughed my head off. The state of those bras until we had money and time to make more! When I was sixteen, I was still very small busted so used to put my brother's socks like a push up bra. I was probably credited with being very virtuous with boyfriend s but it was more a case of not wanting them to find out about the socks!