Gransnet forums

Chat

Hello from Spain

(14 Posts)
Newquay Thu 12-May-16 23:09:17

Welcome Lisalou? I agree we are a diverse bunch here and all are welcome. It's good to hear other's points of view. It's amazing the subjects covered and all emotion and real life is here.
Hope you enjoy following the threads.

Lisalou Thu 12-May-16 20:36:53

Yes, I am English, I was born in Hendon and spent the first six years of my life in Buckinghamshire. Funnily, having lived here most of my life, I married an Englishman (second husband) and we do go back occasionally, as his parents live in Cambridgeshire. As for my family, my mother lives here in Spain, in the same village as us, about ten minutes away.

L

NotTooOld Thu 12-May-16 14:55:13

Hello, Lisalou - and welcome. I think we are getting the Spanish weather here today. It's 23 degs in our garden. Where do you originally come from? I'm assuming it's the UK? Do you ever go back there?

Lisalou Thu 12-May-16 13:54:52

Yes, I do speak Catalan and Spanish, as do my kids. I am afraid I was awful at all other subjects, luckily i have the one talent for languages!

NanaandGrampy Thu 12-May-16 13:46:09

Hello and welcome!

I think there's something for everyone here !

Charleygirl Thu 12-May-16 13:43:58

It certainly was not sunny in London yesterday! We had some heavy downpours but I did not have to think about watering anything. Today is perfect, beautiful sunshine a light breeze.

annodomini Thu 12-May-16 13:27:02

Lara, please don't give away all our sunshine!

annodomini Thu 12-May-16 13:26:11

Lisalou, of course it doesn't matter that you aren't (yet) a gran. There are plenty of non-grans and would-be grans on here. Don't feel at all self-conscious about joining in our discussions - hopefully not disputes - and enjoy a bit of occasional banter. You do live in a lovely part of Spain. I'd love to see Catalonia again - have done Ramblers holidays in other areas but Catalonia has it all. Do you speak both Catalan and Spanish?

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 12-May-16 13:20:35

Welcome Lisalou from us at HQ too. Sending some sunshine your way - we seem to have a lot of it at the moment so we've got some to spare grin

Lisalou Thu 12-May-16 13:15:22

Unfortunately, the weather here has been awful for the last couple of weeks. Sun is now peeking out, but it is due to rain in the evenings for the next few days - I keep telling myself it is good for the garden, but it certainly is not good for me!

Yes, I live in Spain permanently, have been here for the last forty odd years. Came here as a child and feel more Spanish than English in many ways. I live in Catalonia, about 80 kms north of Barcelona.

Thanks for the invitation to the kitchen - heading over there!

Charleygirl Thu 12-May-16 12:30:44

Welcome Lisalou and that you continue to enjoy the banter. If you want a very relaxed atmosphere try soop's kitchen we are never rude or nasty to each other there.

Pippa000 Thu 12-May-16 12:25:02

Welcome from me in Cyprus. I think I can say we are a diverse lot, but I find Gransnet a very enjoyable way to while away a few hours blush and get a lot of very informative information and support. Hope your present weather is a good as ours, 30 degrees and rising, at least the washing dries very quickly, and the swimming pool is heating up nicely. makes a change from being snowed in as we were here in January.

Bellanonna Thu 12-May-16 12:24:30

Nice to meet you Lisalou. There are other quite young grans on here, as well as those who are not grandparents.

Do you live permanently in Spain? Where? Some of our members also live abroad.

Look forward to reading your further contributions - and welcome!

Lisalou Thu 12-May-16 12:15:13

I couldn't see a place to introduce myself, so I have come here, i hope this is ok. I am new to the forum, and I wanted to say hello!
I am 50 years old and not a granny, I hope that doesn't make me "unwanted"! Two of my children are pretty much all grown up (eldest is 24 and has pretty much flown the nest, the boy is 17, will be 18 in August and will probably leave home next school year, and that leaves the youngest, soon to be nine) and although i have been on a mum forum since my youngest was conceived, I no longer feel at home there. Their discussions, break ups and new boyfriends really say nothing to me any more. I have been coming on here and reading for some time now, and feel more at home with all your views and with your lifestyles. I do hope you will have me.

Thats me pretty much!

Lisa