Gransnet forums

Chat

On another note

(61 Posts)
thatbags Sat 28-May-16 21:21:00

I want some of these summer boots. Trouble is, my feet'd be wet through most of the time, living where I do. I suppose I could wear them as slippers.

I do not need them!

sweetcakes Sun 29-May-16 11:55:32

I only have one word to describe the boots Hideous but if you like them buy them.

moobox Sun 29-May-16 13:22:38

Well done to whoever caught on to the fact people really do seem to wear boots most of the year, and came up with a summer one as a fashion item. I don't like the claustrophobic feel of boots especially in indoor venues, so only wear mine in snow

sluttygran Sun 29-May-16 15:16:28

I really want these boots. The thought of getting spotty feet in the sun has put me off a bit, tho!

Tudorrose Sun 29-May-16 15:46:23

What boots? Where are they?

Maggieanne Sun 29-May-16 15:51:26

Well, I looked at the boots from the link and I've now had an email from the company asking if I'd like to order!!! Not really, just my opinion, but I think they are awful, and they probably don't do my size anyway!

Jane10 Sun 29-May-16 17:26:02

That's harsh. They're quite cute. I could easily see thatbags wearing them. They would suit her.

thatbags Sun 29-May-16 18:35:47

I spend a good deal of the summer in wellies and hiking boots because of the climate and the terrain where I live, so holey boots would be like sandals wink, and besides, as one or two people (people who've seen what I'm like shockgrin) have said, they'll suit me. Not sure about yellow... I think I'll go for the tan.

thatbags Sun 29-May-16 18:36:32

And I'll probably wear socks just to be totally OMG!

millymouge Sun 29-May-16 18:43:19

Oh dear Jenty I remember wearing those boots too, I thought they were fantastic. Brings back memories!

Granny23 Sun 29-May-16 19:42:58

Thank You Bags - I quite like the boots and having had a quick look at the link they are now coming up as an advert on my facebook page. This has replaced Jingle's Turquoise M&S Frock, which I liked too but have 'gone off' after seeing it thrice daily for the past two weeks.

Maggieanne Sun 29-May-16 20:12:54

I just think it's a bit annoying to be asked if I wanted to order simply because I looked at the site!

thatbags Sun 29-May-16 20:29:17

I agree, maggieanne. I haven't been asked if I want to order and I've looked at the site a number of times, so perhaps it is something in your browser settings that's making the difference?

blueskies Sun 29-May-16 21:12:10

I once had a pair of turquoise sandals with very high heels. I couldn't walk in them and never wore them--but I had immense pleasure looking at them whenever I opened my wardrobe. They were a beautiful dream --maybe one day....... worth every penny.

janeainsworth Sun 29-May-16 22:22:22

Blueskies I have a pair of red suede Bally peep toe shoes, 3.5 inch heels, purchased in 1979 and last worn in 2006 at DD's wedding.
I don't suppose I'll ever wear them again but I occasionally get them out of their box and have a look at them.....hmm

harrigran Sun 29-May-16 22:34:14

I have shoes like that jane, bought for weddings and never worn again. Funnily enough the shoes I thought I would wear the least turned out to be a good buy and get worn frequently, they were the ones I bought to go to the palace. My very nice suit and silk blouse remain in the wardrobe and have not seen the light of day since, can't think why.

janeainsworth Sun 29-May-16 22:49:39

Time to give them an outing Harrigran! smile

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 29-May-16 22:53:39

I'm sorry about the dress Granny23. grin Unfortunately it was all to no avail as It had to go back in the end, due to not fitting at all well round the neck.sad

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 29-May-16 22:55:18

Bags, couldn't you make a path? And maybe cut a road through the bushes?

Willow500 Mon 30-May-16 06:15:47

Well I don't know where you live but they're quite cute and look comfy so just go for it - as you say you can always wear them as slippers especially in the winter smile In the 70's I once knew someone who wore leather thigh boots and jeans all year round even when she was pregnant - never could understand the logic - all for comfort me grin

thatbags Mon 30-May-16 06:57:03

I make paths every year, jings, and I was cutting a narrow 'road' through bushes just the other day. Will PM you details.

thatbags Mon 30-May-16 06:57:45

Where is this pic of the turquoise dress? I want to see it.

Auntieflo Mon 30-May-16 07:47:02

What is it with these Bally shoes, ( in more ways than one) . I also had a pair, long time ago, that were so beautiful, and elegant, just like me grin. Think I wore them once and they also languished in the cupboard for the occasional gaze. I can't remember what happened to them, but they are long gone, and the flat comfort shoes remain.

NotTooOld Mon 30-May-16 22:37:38

They're great - go for it. I'd get the yellow or the blue. They do Mustang shoes on that site, too, which I also like.

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 30-May-16 23:01:24

the turquoise dress for Bags. It had to go back. Gaped round the neck and across my back. Really sad. Loved it otherwise. sad

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 30-May-16 23:02:09

PS it came down well below the knees on me. Model must be a long tall Sally.