Gransnet forums

Chat

White Wine

(30 Posts)
bartonlady Sun 29-May-16 18:02:43

Does anyone else feel depressed and miserable after 2-3 glasses of white wine??? I usually have a small brandy before dinner every evening, but yesterday we had guests and I drank about 3 glasses of white wine while sitting in the garden....felt terrible about 2 hours later. White wine never had this effect when I was younger!! Is there some-thing in it that affects women over 66!! Thinking back it has happened before but I never connected it to the wine, or is it my imagination???

annodomini Mon 30-May-16 16:38:48

I don't drink much wine of any kind, much to the bemusement of my family. If I do, I prefer Pinot Grigio or a good New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. Reds don't seem to agree with me, though I can cope with rosés.

Cathy04 Mon 30-May-16 19:46:54

I went out with my daughter and her husband one evening a couple of years ago I had 2 glasses of Rose. I woke in the night and had to use the bathroom, desperately, it was not a pleasant experience !

Thought I would try again earlier this year and the same thing happened. Not good.

If I drink it with a main meal I am fine.

granjura Mon 30-May-16 20:34:34

juggernaut- same with me with beer- but I was 16 at the time- was ill for days!

NanKate Mon 30-May-16 21:35:30

I had a chilled glass of Gurwurztraminer yesterday. If you like a very perfumed fruity wine do try this. I buy them when they are on offer in Sainsbury's. It is not a dessert wine, but would go well with anything really.

When we went to Betty's in a York a couple of years back they had this wine to go with a lovely high tea. They put it in an iced chunky glass and it was heavenly.

Waiter .......