Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(19 Posts)
12Michael Sun 05-Jun-16 06:20:00

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry but cloudy at the moment start here in Brackley this morning.
Nice easy day, cooking dinner doing pork chops in the air fryer, cheat veg wise microwave then watch cycling on Eurosport.
Mick

NfkDumpling Sun 05-Jun-16 06:56:27

Morning Mick, morning All

After an afternoon of sunshine, Norfolk is back under the clouds again this morning. And they promised sun! Perhaps later. At least that biting northerly wind has died down.

We're still recovering after a few days of DGC/DGD (grand-dog) minding. Archers Omnibus and the ironing this morning, then we may go out to lunch if the weather picks up.

Have a restful Sunday Everyone.

kittylester Sun 05-Jun-16 07:03:37

Morning!!

Well, today is starting off like yesterday which DIDN'T brighten up at all!

Today we are driving for 2 hours each way to watch DGD2 in a ballet show - she will appear for about 2 minutes. The things we do! So, on what is predicted to be the hottest day so far, we will be in a hall or the car and we'll miss Andy too.

Enjoy your days!

thatbags Sun 05-Jun-16 07:15:32

Morning, folks! I'm feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning. Nothing like a GN "argy-bargy" (yesterday evening) for raising my hackles. Growl. Snarl.

Really though... MrBags has invited some archers to come and shoot in our garden this afternoon. I'd better go and make a cake ? smile

ffinnochio Sun 05-Jun-16 07:24:14

*B^ smile.

Today there is sunshine and blue skies.

grandMattie Sun 05-Jun-16 07:29:10

Today the sun is shining! IT is the first time this month that we have seen it - also that the weather is warm enough not to have the heating on... Roll on summer and warmer weather wine sunshine

loopylou Sun 05-Jun-16 07:52:24

Good morning from a pretty grey Wiltshire.
After yesterday's hike up Pen y Fan to admire the nonexistent view, in very low cloud (although it started off clear ?) I'm having a quiet day.
Hopefully it will brighten up later......

tiredoldwoman Sun 05-Jun-16 08:09:49

We had a beautiful day here in St.Andrews, yesterday but this morning feels cold . I'm away to build up a new lawnmower ( why do they do this to us ? ) , it looks so complicated , glasses on , curses at the ready ! Have a safe day everyone x .

hildajenniJ Sun 05-Jun-16 08:14:59

Good morning everyone.
It's rather grey in the Tyne Valley this morning too, but the sun is trying to break through the clouds. Yesterday Mr hjj and I went to the Edinburgh garden show. We had a lovely day, the best part for me was watching all the planes taking off from the airport! ? We bought one plant, joined the National Trust and bought a set of kitchen knives! Well, you just never know.confused Quiet day today, son coming for lunch as usual on a Sunday.
Have a great day everyone.

PRINTMISS Sun 05-Jun-16 08:28:11

Good morning to you all, it is a beautiful morning here, the sun is bright and warm. Not a lot planned, we are both feeling very much under the weather at the moment, so I think I will just get the lunch ready and then sit in the garden. The trouble is every time I sit down I fall asleep. Enjoy your days.

Greyduster Sun 05-Jun-16 08:50:55

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. I am getting fed up of waiting for the summer now. It's cold and cloudy again this morning, though we are forecast the best day so far. We had a fairly static day yesterday so walking today, or we'll seize up! Have a good day, folks. Hope you feel better soon, printmiss.

ninathenana Sun 05-Jun-16 08:56:30

Morning all.

A warmer day today in N Kent. The sun is trying to break through. We may see it for the first time in 6 days !
? kitty I couldn't find a trophy emoji for champion grandparents so have a drink on me ?

annodomini Sun 05-Jun-16 09:22:04

Good morning. Bright sunshine and blue sky all the way in Cheshire. Yesterday was very warm but overcast for much of the day - 25 degrees at one point. Looks like being even hotter today. Unlike those of you further south and east, we've had a largely very good week.sunshine

grandMattie Sun 05-Jun-16 09:39:23

In SE Kent, it was sunny earlier on, but now a milky sky. The top temp is due to reach the heady heights of 19C according to the Mt. Office!

grandMattie Sun 05-Jun-16 09:39:42

Met... confused

Nelliemoser Sun 05-Jun-16 09:56:39

Good morning. It's very warm indeed already in Cheshire. I have weeds to dig and plant swap proceeds to deal with.

Nelliemoser Sun 05-Jun-16 09:58:06

Anno Lets make them feel jealous of our sunny Cheshire.

rosesarered Sun 05-Jun-16 10:07:24

Sun peeking out here now, hooray!
Had a full English breakfast, yum ( not a European breakfast .... That is for weekdays, coffee and croissants.)grin

Greyduster Sun 05-Jun-16 11:32:13

The sky is ALL BLUE!! The sun is OUT!!!! shock