Gransnet forums

Chat

Confusing or what !

(11 Posts)
ninathenana Sun 12-Jun-16 10:15:06

D has had four men/boys in her life.
All have the same initial, she married the second.
No.1 and No.3 have the same name.
No.3's ex No.4's mum and D's bestie all have the same name.
No.2 and No.4's dads both have the same name.
Confused yet smile it leads to some amusing conversations.
Anyone else have a similar problem?

henetha Sun 12-Jun-16 10:24:21

I have 2 half-brothers with the same name. And a nephew and a brother-in-law. But it doesn't compete with your amazing coincidence of names!

thatbags Sun 12-Jun-16 10:28:03

Do any of them have middle names to tag on and prevent confusion? When I married someone with the same name as my eldest brother, I started referring to my brother by his first and middle names.

henetha Sun 12-Jun-16 10:39:59

My 2 half brothers have never met each other. In my head I call them by their surnames. I have only ever met my nephew once, so my brother-in-law is the only one that I call by his actual name.

LullyDully Sun 12-Jun-16 10:53:56

Two dils each with the same name which as they shorten to become the same as my son's shortened name. Did that make sense?. 3 with the same name one ending in ie, one ends in i and the other has gone back to her long name. We call them ....girl and .......boy. most confusing.

ninathenana Sun 12-Jun-16 11:17:20

Yes Lully it makes sense to me smile
We do have a derogatory name for the one she married and No. 3 is known by his location but when you put it all together aaaagghhh !

harrigran Sun 12-Jun-16 11:53:08

My DD and I have the same name, my sister calls us harri and little harri even though DD is in her 40s.

BBbevan Sun 12-Jun-16 11:59:17

My Grandma was called Mary. Her daughter was also Mary, Aunty Mary to me. Her daughter was also Mary. As they all lived for a while in the same house, she was Baby Mary.
Baby Mary is now nearing 70, and is now just Mary.

ninathenana Sun 12-Jun-16 12:35:32

I've just remembered my friend is married to a man with the male version of her own name. They Christened all five of their children with names beginning with the same letter as theirs. So 7 people all called C XXXX. Must have been a nightmare when they were all still living at home and the post arrived.
Naming you children after your self or a relative isn't coincidental of course but can certainly be confusing grin

BBbevan Sun 12-Jun-16 15:17:17

Sounds like the Kardashians grin

Luckygirl Sun 12-Jun-16 16:02:16

My first and my 7th GC share a name.