Gransnet forums

Chat

Yesterday

(7 Posts)
breeze Fri 24-Jun-16 14:43:14

What a lovely story about how the everyday things, taken for granted by others, mean so much. Until you can't do them you don't realise how important something like a trip to the shops can be. I've been there, so I really understand. I know it's a big step and you have to feel up to it. When you do, wow, such a step forward. I hope this is the start of getting back to enjoying trips out again. Wish you well. Hope you're not sitting on the floor!

vampirequeen Fri 24-Jun-16 09:04:37

That's good news. Maybe the faulty chair was a godsend because it made him go out twice.

rubylady Fri 24-Jun-16 05:03:52

That's a lovely story Printmiss. I know how hard it is to try and get out and about so credit to your husband for making the effort. It does make you feel better to go out but sometimes when you get back and are exhausted from it, it gets easier not to do it in the first place, which is wrong, not good for the body and the soul. Well done your hubby. smile

Indinana Thu 23-Jun-16 17:46:17

Even though there were problems with the chair, I bet you're so pleased to have your OH 'back' smile

kittylester Thu 23-Jun-16 17:24:07

Good and bad news then PRINTMISS. sunshine

janeainsworth Thu 23-Jun-16 17:10:43

Good to hear Printmiss sunshine

PRINTMISS Thu 23-Jun-16 17:01:07

The other half actually agreed to walk round the shops with me! We had taken the car to Kwikfit - excellent service, they fixed a small problem, checked the tyres, and said to return if the problem showed up again, no charge. So, we went to a local "big" shop which opened recently and roamed - found a very nice 'office' chair which I liked, and I needed something new, so we bought it, yes it was cheap. We arrived home, undid the boxes, started to put it together - there were about 8 screws and what looked like an allen key. The instructions all in diagram suggested putting the wheels on first, they fell off! Then we struggled with finding a possie driver for the screws; just to see if we built and sat on the chair, the wheels would click in, we continued as per diagram, and just after we had fitted the last but one screw, I discovered that the allen key, was in fact a screw driver specially made for the screws! Made life easier. Well, the wheels didn't stay on the pump for raising the seat didn't work, so TODAY I actually got the other half to walk round a shop AGAIN! No quibble money back, but no chair for me. This has a happy feeling, though, it is a long time since the other half has felt like doing anything, let alone walking round shops! The new medication must be working.