Gransnet forums

Chat

1946 Baby Boomers

(92 Posts)
NanKate Sun 31-Jul-16 19:03:03

I have noticed many of us are 70 this year. Let's have a party.

Perhaps you could give your d o b and what you are bringing to the party.

27 September 1946
Very large bottle of champagne

Over to you

NanKate Tue 02-Aug-16 09:06:28

Kitty can you bring some nicely buttered thin brown bread too ?

We might have to dance around our handbags as men are thin on the ground at this party Christine

Lona Tue 02-Aug-16 09:15:40

I was 70 on June 13th, so I'm still in party mood! I'm bringing lots of gin, tonic, cucumber and lime. Some delicious olives and a huge lemon drizzle cake. Oh, and if anyone wants to join me on my birthday zip wire treat in Wales, you are very welcome! ?

Lona Tue 02-Aug-16 09:16:55

I could bring some handsome young waiters to refresh our drinks too! What do you think?

annsixty Tue 02-Aug-16 09:39:13

Thumbs down on the zip wire, huge thumbs up for the dishy waiters.

shysal Tue 02-Aug-16 09:41:52

I am a non-drinker, so I had better bring some soft drinks along with my cake. I am pleased the the invitation has been extended to all ages, so nobody will feel left out.

shysal Tue 27-Sep-16 04:47:00

Happy 70th birthday NanKate. I am awake early looking forward to the party! Hope you are enjoying your holiday.

NanKate Tue 27-Sep-16 21:25:26

Thanks Shysal it has been a really happy day and one I will think back on in years to come when my life could be different.

Learning to be grateful for what you have is an important virtue in life.

Thanks for coming to my virtual party with your virtual cake grin

trendygran Tue 27-Sep-16 21:49:30

I am 70 in December. Will bring a traditional trifle as it's near Christmas .

Synonymous Tue 27-Sep-16 21:57:38

DH has just had his 70th so I will come with him if that is ok. We will bring the real treat from our childhood - jelly and ice cream! grin DH makes terrific ice cream which everyone loves and I will bring loads of sprinkles which we didn't get then. DH says we have to bring it in Tupperware as that is when it was started - not too sure about the chill factor in that kind of container I have to say. hmm

DH also says there has to be sandwiches as bread rationing was introduced on 27th June 1946! Not sure about the relevance of that though but he is getting into the spirit of this after a very slow start. He couldn't get his head round a virtual party with virtual food! grin

I am a total technophobe but if I could work out how to upload a photo of DH's 70th birthday cake I would post one. It was a wonderful cake which was an entire family production right down to youngest grandchild licking ALL the bowls out! smile

Synonymous Tue 27-Sep-16 21:59:50

PS Happy Birthday Nankate! wine flowers

whitewave Tue 27-Sep-16 22:07:18

Oh! I was 70 in February and seemed to have missed the party. I love a good party and would have brought rum fruit punch and a cold collation - is there such a word?hmm

Kitspurr Tue 27-Sep-16 22:53:03

I'll tell my mum about the party. She was 70 in February.

Grandma2213 Wed 28-Sep-16 00:26:01

I'm not 70 till May next year but I'll come and dance the night away. No cooking though - bored with that. I would bring a Four Pint or Seven Pint can of beer if they still made them. Who remembers them?? We called them FPCs or SPCs or is it just me that's so common?!!!

Bbnan Wed 28-Sep-16 01:06:30

Can't come for another 12 years but I sending prawn cocktails for starters

NanKate Wed 28-Sep-16 08:01:19

Thanks for all the greetings. There are quite few of us in the 70 age range. Of course 70 is the new 60.

The party was a bit riotous yesterday, may take today a little quietly grin

Teetime Wed 28-Sep-16 08:37:50

Old Peculiar was 70 this year but he married a much younger woman - me! Happy Birthday to all.wine