Gransnet forums

Chat

Exciting or what!?!

(36 Posts)
Katek Fri 12-Aug-16 18:51:21

DH jokingly put himself forward as an extra for some filming last year but wasn't selected. Out of the blue, however, he's been contacted by the agency for a job filming in the Highlands in September! He's got through 3 selection stages- including the photo round - and is still in the running. I think it's because he has a beard and moustache and the film is set in Victorian Scotland. In fact it's about Queen Victoria after the death of John Brown and guess who's playing the Queen? Only Dame Judi Dench! I'll be so disappointed if he's not selected....it's a paid job as well!

phoenix Thu 18-Aug-16 22:09:56

Brill! Keep us up to date with events!grin

Luckygirl Thu 18-Aug-16 22:12:21

Oh wow! - that is very good news! How exciting!

grannyactivist Thu 18-Aug-16 23:43:51

Excellent - well done that man!! smile

Maggiemaybe Fri 19-Aug-16 08:43:15

Wonderful! Let us know how he gets on.

rubysong Fri 19-Aug-16 08:53:03

DS2 was 'a gentleman dancing at the garden party' in Alice in Wonderland, but didn't get to meet Jonny Depp. We just spotted him for a split second. It was very long days but well paid and he loved it. His hair (dandelion clock style at the time) helped get him the job.

Katek Fri 19-Aug-16 10:05:31

He's got his filming dates-5/6 Sept in and around Aviemore. DS/Dil stay only half an hour away from there so he's already booked his room!

Synonymous Fri 19-Aug-16 10:17:41

How exciting! Will you be able to go with him?

Katek Fri 19-Aug-16 10:23:28

I would love to go so I could spend couple of days with 2 dgs but, unfortunately, I'm actually stage managing in local theatre that week. Typical.

Katek Fri 19-Aug-16 12:07:53

Not that I'd want to get out of it-it's taken18 months of rehearsal with adults with additional learning needs to get this piece ready. It's very exciting for everybody.

Lillie Fri 19-Aug-16 12:22:16

Fame at last, well done!

My god-daughter has worked on a film with Judi Dench and she said the minutes she walks on set everything goes perfectly. Such a professional and very good at putting everyone at ease too. Hope all goes well.