Gransnet forums

Chat

A trapeze at my age?

(18 Posts)
LullyDully Tue 16-Aug-16 08:27:31

What a nasty, real dream!

It was the Olympics. I was at the top of the auditorium on a trapeze sort of contraption, standing on a tiny platform. I was with 3 other famous athletes who I recognised at the time but now not sure who they were from Adam.
Two bravely leapt down and landed on something soft to much applause. I was next but I froze despite lots of encouragement. I knew I must get down but how I didn't know . Luckily I woke up to a cup of tea made by Mr LD.

I was terrified. Could it be the co-codomol or was I an athlete in another life?

Still feel a bit queasy. Probably could have done it if I didn't have the osteoarthritis! Why are some dreams so emotionally vivid?

TriciaF Tue 16-Aug-16 08:45:24

It could have been the co-codomol. I sometimes get those vivid dreams if I take a paracetamol in the middle of the night. My friend is the same.

Anya Tue 16-Aug-16 08:56:12

Terrble stuff co-codamol. I was prescribed it last week, gave it three days and had to knock it on the head as had every side effect in the book plus a few that weren't!

Good painkiller though and certainly makes you dopey helps you sleep.

I think this is just a long suppressed wish to do something challenging. Try taking up,a new hobby like free fall parachuting - that should get it out of your system hmm

NonnaW Tue 16-Aug-16 09:07:12

Quick! Get over to the Gransnetters Olympics page - I don't think anyone's won the gold for trapeze yet so you may be in with a chance!

LullyDully Tue 16-Aug-16 09:47:22

Oh Nonna what a great idea. If I can stay awake long enough I stand a good chance.

RAF Tue 16-Aug-16 10:21:35

Maybe too much Olympics watching late at night before bed! smile

LullyDully Tue 16-Aug-16 11:53:51

What painkillers are effective with no side effects?

moobox Tue 16-Aug-16 12:05:27

Is this you?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9ApRjtwwTU&list=RDn9ApRjtwwTU#t=4

narrowboatnan Tue 16-Aug-16 12:26:24

Oh, moobox, I followed that link and while I was amused at that video, the one that followed was hilarious! Really made me laugh out loud!

GrannyBing Tue 16-Aug-16 13:24:17

That videos hilarious Moobox, made me laugh out loud!

Ilrina Tue 16-Aug-16 13:59:06

Well !! neither of them even made me raise the slightest smile. People being deliberately silly, and slapstick just doesn't do it for me

Samallie1 Tue 16-Aug-16 14:20:14

Didn't know some painkillers give real nasty dreams but I took NAC 600mg, a hypo-allergenic dietary supplement for two days and always woke up very frightened!.I hv decided to leave them so that I enjoy my sleep!

Anya Tue 16-Aug-16 14:20:30

hmm

Anya Tue 16-Aug-16 14:21:53

My hmm had nothing to do with your post samallie

Solitaire Tue 16-Aug-16 17:19:39

Moobox, loved the vids, certainly made me laugh?

JackyB Tue 16-Aug-16 20:54:09

Anti-biotics give you really weird dreams, and I shall never go near Bach flowers again.

LullyDully Tue 16-Aug-16 20:57:05

Now that video may be me at Tokyo after my hip operation should it ever come.

EmilyHarburn Wed 17-Aug-16 14:57:53

I think taking the preparation like 'quiet night' or Kalms One a night, might be safer than co-codamol

Co-codamol contains two painkilling ingredients: paracetamol and codeine. It is given to relieve short-lasting painful conditions where paracetamol alone is not sufficient. There are three different strengths of co-codamol available, one of which can be bought without a prescription at a pharmacy. The amount of paracetamol in the three different strengths is the same (500 mg), but the amount of codeine differs and this determines the strength of the preparation. The three tablet strengths are: 8 mg/500 mg, 15 mg/500 mg, and 30 mg/500 mg, where the first amount relates to how much codeine is in the tablet, and the second is the amount of paracetamol present.

Combination painkillers like co-codamol can be useful to reduce the total number of tablets that need to be taken in a day, but they may not always offer the best pain control. This is because it is difficult to adjust the dose to suit the level of your pain without increasing the risk of side-effects. Consequently, many doctors prefer not to prescribe combination painkillers.

patient.info/medicine/co-codamol-for-pain-relief