Gransnet forums

Chat

wish I could do that

(58 Posts)
millymouge Sun 11-Sep-16 17:14:08

To play a musical instrument and to draw/paint.

SueDonim Sun 11-Sep-16 17:10:05

Swanny grin

I didn't know I couldn't sing until the music teacher at my grammar school told me in no uncertain terms that I wasn't suitable for the school choir.

Cherrytree59 Sun 11-Sep-16 16:01:41

I only sing to my GC.
I wish I had a Talent. Full stop
Its hard when you are surrounded by talented people.

Swanny Sun 11-Sep-16 15:31:22

I wish I could ice skate. Not to do all the leaps and swizzles but just to glide gracefully over the ice, it always looks so easy when the professionals do it. I took myself off 20 miles to my nearest rink once in my teens, but they didn't have any boots to fit me (size 8 feet) and I was so embarrassed I never went again sad

SueDonim I wish I could sing too. I used to be in a couple of choirs at school but didn't keep it up. I tried again about 10 years ago but didn't go back as I could hear I sounded awful. Even my grandson objected when younger and I tried to sing him to sleep grin

ginny Sun 11-Sep-16 15:16:01

Play a musical instrument really well.

Draw peoples portraits.

I would also like to be able to write all the thoughts, ideas and stories in my head make sense when I try to write them down.

hildajenniJ Sun 11-Sep-16 15:15:13

I wish I could play the piano. We never had the means or the opportunity when I was growing up. Now that I'm retired I was thinking of buying an electronic piano, but finding a teacher is difficult, they seem very thin on the ground.

SueDonim Sun 11-Sep-16 15:07:47

I'd love to be able to sing. My Welsh grandfather had an opera singer level of voice and my mother is very musical. I sound like a frog with a sore throat whenever I try to sing. confused

overthehill Sun 11-Sep-16 14:44:45

This is about skills others can do and you admire and wish you could do the same.

Being caravanners we often spend time in service areas and have to go in the HGV section. The skill these drivers have in backing up their huge vehicles leaves me in awe. DH makes a valiant attempt with the van but doesn't always pull it off. This is in spite of taking a maneuvering course.