Gransnet forums

Chat

Happy Birthday Jingle

(169 Posts)
glassortwo Wed 28-Sep-16 19:36:18

Happy birthday Jingle
Hope you have had a good day. flowerswine cupcake
Tried to PM you but wont accept message so dont know if you are having a break away from GN, I am not around much so out the loop.

thatbags Wed 28-Sep-16 21:58:54

Well done, glass smile

Happy Birthday, jings. You've been in my thoughts today. x

thatbags Wed 28-Sep-16 22:05:27

Jings let me know via Twitter that she has been banned from Gransnet. I hope she is allowed to reregister soon.

Ana Wed 28-Sep-16 22:07:29

Thanks, bags. So do I.

merlotgran Wed 28-Sep-16 22:09:38

FFS. angry

Is this Gransnet or Toddlernet?

Jessielovestuna Wed 28-Sep-16 22:12:25

Oh, never on the Archers. I switched my car radio to Radio 4 from Radio 1 very recently. I was probably the oldest Radio 1 listener ever. When "flowers in the rain" came on, I stayed until I was 64. It defeated me in the end.

I hope jessielivestuna is ok. She is a very old cat of mine, and she still loves tuna smile.

thatbags Wed 28-Sep-16 22:13:41

Bad, isn't it, merlot? HQ usen't to be so silly, giving in to every complaint about offensiveness. I wonder what changed.

Jessielovestuna Wed 28-Sep-16 22:18:16

Just read the above post from thatbags. The goose will kill the golden egg with its reporting.

Such a shame that intelligent dissent can be got rid off and a regimented forum take its place.

Katek Wed 28-Sep-16 22:18:48

Happy birthday Jings! grin

Jalima Wed 28-Sep-16 22:21:25

We could all go on Twitter instead .....
I have never tweeted

glassortwo Wed 28-Sep-16 22:21:50

Without jingle Gn wouldnt be the same angry
I dont know if its since Geraldine left and HQ and the new members just dont get jingle but its a sad day for GN.sad

merlotgran Wed 28-Sep-16 22:28:17

They need to let her back in. We're NOT children. There are plenty of threads for the sensitive souls who don't get jingl's style. Some of us like a bit of edginess and she was always up for it.

Ana Wed 28-Sep-16 22:28:18

The reporting of posts certainly seems to be going on much more recently. Sometimes people even say 'I'm reporting that'. Ridiculous!

NfkDumpling Wed 28-Sep-16 22:29:43

Many Happy returns jingle wherever you are wine

Please try to come back. Somehow.

Are they so strict on Mumsnet? I think not!

Jalima Wed 28-Sep-16 22:31:18

Let's hope it is just temporary.

cornergran Wed 28-Sep-16 22:32:34

I'm saddened that jingl has been banned. Will miss her humour and perception sad. May need to get my head around Twitter.

phoenix Wed 28-Sep-16 22:34:37

As mentioned, jings and have had one or two disagreements over the years, but I'm not happy to hear that she has been banned sad

Looking back on some recent threads, I feel that there are other "members" who were far more deserving of that!

(No names, no packdrill, as I believe the saying used to go.)

NfkDumpling Wed 28-Sep-16 22:41:52

Agree Phoenix . Jingle may be a bit volatile sometimes, but nowhere near as vindictive and nasty as some are.

Jessielovestuna Wed 28-Sep-16 22:43:29

It surprises me that older grans who say it how it is are now on MN and accepted with their wisdom. To get rid of Jings is appalling!

I saw a different point of view being described as angry on here today. I expect that poster, who was ignored will leave. I thought she had a very interesting point of view.

merlotgran Wed 28-Sep-16 22:51:32

I don't post on Mumsnet but I like reading some of their threads and their language doesn't bother me one bit. I still have a foot in that camp when I feel like it.

At what age do we become only worthy of discussing topics in a way that never shocks and conjurs up images of sweet little old ladies sitting at a window watching the world go by?

Sod that!

Jessielovestuna Wed 28-Sep-16 22:53:29

You see this is the problem with GN. Some posters think it is OK to describe others as nasty and vindictive.

That should not be allowed. That is a personal attack on other posters. A good example is describing a point of view as "truly distasteful", which I saw the other day. It was about sweets for goodness sake.

What right do posters have to say such things? Yes you will miss Jings and it serves you right.

Jalima Wed 28-Sep-16 22:53:29

Who was ignored?

Anyway, I had noticed that Jingls was missing but thought she was off on another little jaunt, lucky ducky

morethan2 Wed 28-Sep-16 22:54:43

flowers for your birthday

Ana Wed 28-Sep-16 22:58:43

The 'that should not be allowed' attitude is why GN is not the placed it once was.

morethan2 Wed 28-Sep-16 23:00:48

Oh I didn't read the whole thread. I often do that so only get half the story. I do hope she comes back. I love her one liners. I too hope she reappears. Shall we start a petition?

glassortwo Wed 28-Sep-16 23:01:26

Agree Ana