Gransnet forums

Chat

Happy Birthday Jingle

(169 Posts)
glassortwo Wed 28-Sep-16 19:36:18

Happy birthday Jingle
Hope you have had a good day. flowerswine cupcake
Tried to PM you but wont accept message so dont know if you are having a break away from GN, I am not around much so out the loop.

Marelli Fri 07-Oct-16 18:38:00

jingl was really kind to me as well, when I was struggling with a family issue. I know she can be 'nippy' - but surely she hasn't said anything bad enough to be banned?

NanKate Fri 07-Oct-16 15:19:27

Well said Soop.

Unfortunately I get the feeling HQ are ignoring our requests for Jings return. We get an occasional comment just to keep us suppressed but nothing concrete happens. sad

soop Thu 06-Oct-16 16:35:45

Hello Lara,
Jingle certainly wouldn't be suited to the Diplomatic Corps. In spite of her shortcomings, which every one of the Gransnet brigade has (if they are human) she is, at heart, a very kind and caring person. In fact, she supported me when I was in need of comfort. She and I have ruffled each other's feathers from time to time. On such occasions, we've discussed our grievances and resolved whatever it was that hurt our feelings. Apologies followed. End of story. Would it be possible to reinstate her? Please.

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 06-Oct-16 12:19:51

Hello, we've posted earlier on this thread (or perhaps the other one!) so please don't think we're ignoring it. Firstly, it wouldn't be fair of us to comment on individual circumstances. We have very few guidelines and we only delete a tiny percentage of the posts that are reported. We hate stepping in because it disrupts your conversation and most times when something is reported the issue resolves itself anyway without our intervention. In extreme occasions we have banned posters - less than a handful in the years I've been here - and we always try to avoid it if we can.
We want people to feel safe commenting without being attacked and we also want people to feel free to air their views and to disagree with others. It's a fine balance - we don't always get it right and there's no hope of us pleasing everyone but we're doing our best to at least be fair.

POGS Thu 06-Oct-16 11:29:00

Ana

blush

Thanks 'both'.

Ana Thu 06-Oct-16 10:57:06

POGS, look at thatbags' link again - it leads to the 'OK Cari' thread, not back to this one smile

POGS Thu 06-Oct-16 10:47:18

thatbags

Sorry I don't understand your last post unless it is saying I have said all I feel necessary during this thread? (your link is to this thread)

I am asking as I am interested to hear of jingle, certainly not to query your post in a pedantic manner so kindly take my post in a friendly manner.

On the supposition jingle 'may not' return to GN please wish her well from me. If she makes 'another comeback ' then jingle ensure we know who you are from the outset I take ages to twig on to personas.

thatbags Thu 06-Oct-16 07:54:44

News about Jings is here plus my own take on the reporting/HQ-banning nonsense.

thatbags Thu 06-Oct-16 07:52:47

if you report a comment by accident, you can also email HQ and tell them it was a mistake.

Actually though, I don't see how it can be done by accident as it's a two-part process. Just triggering the "report" button does not send it to HQ; you have to click send from the new page it generates as well.

So maybe you didn't, pamela.

PamelaJ1 Thu 06-Oct-16 06:31:36

I'll put my hands up and admit that I have reported a comment. I didn't mean to , I was just scrolling down,I presume that happens but I am much more careful with my finger placement now!
I do find it a little difficult to get my 'tone' correct in posts, once I've pressed the button
I think oops. Maybe we should have the acronym IMO to indicate that while I think this, I do respect the fact that you may not.

Wobblybits Wed 05-Oct-16 21:28:00

smile

kittylester Wed 05-Oct-16 21:26:14

Yes, do that bags please.

glassortwo Wed 05-Oct-16 21:23:25

Thanks bags tell her we are missing her smile

thatbags Wed 05-Oct-16 21:20:17

Jings is active on Twitter: still appalled at what is happening to children in Aleppo. It is so ironic that it was her concern about them that, indirectly, got her banned.

I've sent her a message. Will get back to you if and when...

(same post as on the OK Cari thread)

Wobblybits Wed 05-Oct-16 20:59:06

I do hope Jing comes back, I don't always agree with her, but she does liven things up. I like to liven some threads up (not political or religious ones anymore) but I need something to feed off of. I don't have the knowledge or vocabulary to originate threads like Jings.

If you are watching Jings, come back soon please.

Cherrytree59 Wed 05-Oct-16 20:45:58

Glassortwo on this thread thatbags said she was in touch with jings via twitter.
Maybe she can gives us an up date on jings.

glassortwo Wed 05-Oct-16 20:18:01

Any news on jingle?

Crafting Thu 29-Sep-16 20:34:28

jings if you are reading this thread and do come back (which I hope you do) please will you give me a hint at your new name (as I am a bit slow to pick up on things) grin

annsixty Thu 29-Sep-16 19:08:15

We can only hope!!

Jalima Thu 29-Sep-16 18:48:30

Galen wink

rosesarered don't worry, I expect this thread and this other one will be deleted soon - off into the ether as if it's never been

obieone Thu 29-Sep-16 18:40:40

No I have not forgotten petra, and very glad of her help I was too as I told her.

petra Thu 29-Sep-16 18:36:19

obieone have you forgotten that jings strongly defended you when she perceived that you were being 'attacked'?
She reported one of my posts recently ( which was deleted) but she had the balls to tell me publicly on here.

Luckygirl Thu 29-Sep-16 18:14:05

Persons E and F have collapsed exhausted. grin

rosesarered Thu 29-Sep-16 17:58:27

Jingl would be very chuffed with this thread as well, but hasn't everyone had enough of it yet?

Galen Thu 29-Sep-16 17:56:32

Jalima I call her rose because she can be prickly.
She hates it when I do grin