Gransnet forums

Chat

That was a hard three weeks

(238 Posts)
Rigby46 Sat 29-Oct-16 20:35:19

Although I'm a fairly regular poster on MN, I lurked for quite a while here before I joined about three weeks ago. In that time I've been called a precious snowflake; accused of having a fit of the vapours ; being incredibly snobby, being satisfied to have something at which to take offence, creating a storm in a teacup, sniping, jumping in on one side or the other straightaway ( as a new poster) but you know the one thing that has really cut me to the quick was being accused of only knowing about 'six quid bottles ( of wine ) from the supermarket'. Anyway, will be having a break now for a few days and when I come back, I promise to behave better and to have drunk some more expensive wine

Penstemmon Thu 03-Nov-16 12:59:38

If anyone is in striking distance of the V&A I strongly recommend the exhibition "You say you want a Revolution: Rebels and Records"

& be transported back to 1966-1970.

That may bring back lots of positive memories /experiences for some of you on here. DH and I will be returning for a second trip to remind us of our shared adventures in that era!
www.vam.ac.uk/

Rigby46 Thu 03-Nov-16 15:53:32

Apologies for disappointing all the conspiracy theorists but here I am again. Thanks Ceesnan for having read my OP. The reason I've been away is nothing to do with GN ( in all senses of the words). BTW I came back from swimming this morning to find a parcel from Laithwaires with 3 bottles of wine inside - a free gift apparently because we'd recommended someone to try them????

Anya Thu 03-Nov-16 15:59:35

You've read the whole thread????

Respect!!

wine

rosesarered Thu 03-Nov-16 17:37:18

* Penstemmon* how long is the exhibition on for?

Bellanonna Thu 03-Nov-16 19:21:28

It's on till late Feb, roses. I enjoyed it too, and want to go back.

rosesarered Thu 03-Nov-16 20:47:59

Thanks, I must go.smile sounds good.

Judthepud2 Thu 03-Nov-16 23:31:22

It's brilliant roses! Great time travelling opportunity.

Galen Thu 03-Nov-16 23:56:03

I must admit that recently I'm feeling that ' Timor mortiuis conturbit me'

Bellanonna Fri 04-Nov-16 00:01:09

Any particular reason, or just generally?

Stansgran Fri 04-Nov-16 08:20:04

I think Galen it's why we have All Souls and All Saints days. The glooms waft in at the end of October and the beginning of November. I'm all for hibernation.

Anya Fri 04-Nov-16 09:57:58

Me too Stansgran

Jalima Fri 04-Nov-16 15:07:41

It's quite sunshine today here