Gransnet forums

Chat

Today - happy or sad?

(121 Posts)
jordana Mon 07-Nov-16 12:41:38

Today I am happy. Sun shining, Elvis on radio, drinking coffee and eating a piece of date and walnut loaf and a good book . Yesterday not so good. How is everyone? Hope it a good day for you all

jordana Wed 30-Nov-16 13:26:15

A little surprised this morning as just received my first Christmas card this year through the post. That means I will need to start writing mine out soon

rubylady Fri 11-Nov-16 03:50:51

Thanks all for your lovely kind words. I have felt a bit better today although I am now sat with my feet like balloons after being out looking at cars today with my half shaved doggie! She had her new pink fur coat on so she was fine, nice and snuggly in her pram. Yes, I am losing it! grin

My mind is all a fuddle now with all the trying to sort out a new car to fit a hoist in to get my mobility scooter in. I am going to go to the mobility conversions place and see what they say, see if it will clear one or two things up for me.

The car salesmen go from being not really bothered serving at all to leaving a slime mark on the floor and petting the dog too much. Although apparently, motability car sales do not count in the salesman's total so maybe that is why some are nonplussed. Unfortunately they are getting me, and I make them talk to me. grin

DaphneBroon Thu 10-Nov-16 09:53:36

For your little dog's sake, I hope you had gone to Specsavers first, rubylady smile
More seriously I am sorry that your overture to your daughter does not seem to have been reciprocated. I am not sure texts are always best, I have had instances where the other person never got them and I felt hurt and rejected for nothing, so don't give up all hope. The main thing is you reached out to her
It is so true that our children never love us as much as we love them sad but onwards and upwards flowers to you, get on with those decals, the dog clipping and treat yourself to a big cup of hot chocolate while you watch the JL Christmas advert. xx

ninathenana Thu 10-Nov-16 09:50:49

Happy/sad is on hold for me at the moment until D calls with the results of her scan this morning. No, she's not pregnant smile but it is that "department"

notoveryet Thu 10-Nov-16 09:33:42

Thinking of you Rubylady.These times are hard, but just scatter your Dads ashes when you are feeling up to it, I'm sure he would understand. My husband has an estranged son and daughter ( they've never told us why) and he is seriously Ill, so I do understand a little of how you feel. At the moment we have sad times, but just now I'm sitting by a roaring log fire and dh is playing with junior dog, so I'm enjoying this happy time, however fleeting it may be. I'd send you flowers if I knew how, so just send you my thoughts.

Im68Now Thu 10-Nov-16 09:12:34

After reading Elegran's post I'm even happier now.

Alima Thu 10-Nov-16 09:12:01

Happy because I'm off to town using my new bus pass. Skip, I wished, skip, hooray!

jordana Thu 10-Nov-16 09:06:59

Snow all melted now and feel quite good because I am off to garden centre late morning for coffee and cake with hubby

jordana Thu 10-Nov-16 09:05:17

Rubylady my thoughts are with you and hope the you tube clips help you

DanniRae Thu 10-Nov-16 08:44:08

Sending you a hug rubylady and flowers. I really hope you are feeling better soon x

Bellanonna Thu 10-Nov-16 01:03:36

Be guided by how you feel Ruby. It's got to feel right and if you're not up to it, make it another day. Whatever day you eventually choose will be a special day. At the moment it's very cold outside, and that's down here in the South East. i think you are further North so it's possibly colder. I hope the TED talks are helping you. flowers

rubylady Thu 10-Nov-16 00:53:01

Thank you Bella I needed a virtual hug. smile

It's also the day which would have been my dad's birthday today (Thursday) and I wanted to scatter his ashes but I just don't feel up to doing it, but then feel as though I will let him down if I don't. Such is life.

Bellanonna Thu 10-Nov-16 00:48:35

Love to you too, Ruby. Nothing wrong with saying shaved, as that's just what the action is anyway. Hope you finished the job today or he'll feel an odd little pooch.
Sorry you're sad. Two and a half years is a long time and it might take a while for ED to get back to you. You are not worthless at all, you're a very kind lady judging from your posts. Hope you feel a bit better tomorrow x

rubylady Thu 10-Nov-16 00:36:48

Shaved? Clipped? It's the same machine. She's had her fur trimmed.

I've had a sad day today really. I text my ED the other night to say that my health had deteriorated recently and if anything were to happen, that I love her and the children (I've not heard from her for two and a half years). Nothing back, at all. DS being a bit offhand also so not had a happy day. They make me feel pretty worthless.

In saying that, I have just looked on Youtube and watched some TED talks about happiness. I think it will take a good few viewings to make a difference but looking for the first time is a start. Try them, they are really good. Love to all, X.

Elegran Wed 09-Nov-16 10:50:14

Im68now is wrong anyway - in a nuclear war only the lucky ones are wiped out instantaneously. Those further from ground zero just get their skin burnt off all over, and other damage. Further away still, the damage doesn't become obvious at once, it appears over the next days, weeks, months, years.

jordana Wed 09-Nov-16 10:19:01

Lovely happy thought daphnebroon - happiness overcomes sadness

Bellanonna Wed 09-Nov-16 10:17:40

Im68now - you're a barrel of laughs

tanith Wed 09-Nov-16 10:09:20

Trump sad

ninathenana Wed 09-Nov-16 10:07:29

Trump sadsad

DaphneBroon Wed 09-Nov-16 09:57:42

Why do you (apparently) always set out to introduce a crude or negative note Im68now. It is neither witty nor in this case yet again relevant

Synonymous Wed 09-Nov-16 09:39:54

That is lovely Daphne! A double blessing after such a sadness and a very happy day in that home. wine sunshine

Im68Now Wed 09-Nov-16 09:37:17

One good thing about a Nuclear War is that we all go together, so today I'm Happy

DaphneBroon Wed 09-Nov-16 09:34:59

If anybody would welcome a happier note for today, 20 years ago a friend and her husband were devastated when their first baby, a girl was stillborn.
Today, her twin boys celebrate their 18th birthday , having grown up into lovely young men. ?
smile

Elegran Wed 09-Nov-16 09:30:18

Go and post on the Twenty Questions Continuation thread. The twenty questions that you would have asked to identify Donald Trump as the answer, no holds barred. May risk deletion, but who cares?

Bellanonna Wed 09-Nov-16 08:59:50

Jordana, I think it'll affect us all ?