Gransnet forums

Chat

Little things that have made you happy today

(457 Posts)
Greyduster Mon 05-Dec-16 13:32:26

Driving our grandson to school this morning from our house and watching the sun rise as we did so (yes we were out that early!). "Drive slow, Grandad" he said "so that we can watch it!" The emerging colours, contrasting with fields covered by thick hard frost, were magical. By the time DH and I got back home it was so foggy you couldn't see your hand in front of your face - still can't!

Rinouchka Mon 05-Dec-16 13:31:26

Just being alive and able to walk everywhere makes me smile.
Sharing your delight in your first real tree, gillybob.

Luckygirl Mon 05-Dec-16 13:28:42

Little DGD is making us all happy today - she is 3 and trotting about in her onesie!

gillybob Mon 05-Dec-16 13:21:44

DH and I bought a real Christmas tree yesterday. It is the first REAL tree I have ever had and I enjoyed putting it up, so much.

I am usually such a miserable cow, but couldn't resist a happy smile when I opened the dining room door this morning and it was still there, looking majestic and sooooooooo beautiful I could have burst. grin

NanaandGrampy Mon 05-Dec-16 13:19:07

Watching our 2 year old grandson taking part in an over 60's aquacise class. ( We just happened to be in the pool) . He made my day .

rosesarered Mon 05-Dec-16 13:17:31

The local radio station playing 'La Bamba' (Richie Vallee?) one if those songs that get you skipping about the house.....yariba yariba!tchsmile

Pigglywiggly Mon 05-Dec-16 13:15:04

Our local NatWest plays hideous music, really loudly. I really hate going in there, but had promised to pay some money into my son's account.
I was dreading it - but I opened the door and ...silence. I was so excited that for once it was just like a Bank and not Primani!
It made my day.