Gransnet forums

Chat

Little things that have made you happy today

(458 Posts)
Pigglywiggly Mon 05-Dec-16 13:15:04

Our local NatWest plays hideous music, really loudly. I really hate going in there, but had promised to pay some money into my son's account.
I was dreading it - but I opened the door and ...silence. I was so excited that for once it was just like a Bank and not Primani!
It made my day.

KatyK Thu 12-Jan-17 11:03:40

She's very sweet kitty

SparklyGrandma Thu 12-Jan-17 10:53:54

1.It hasn't snowed yet.
2. A good friend is coming around this morning for a cuppa.
3. Christmas is over!
4. Birds singing this morning.
5. Fooling around on here, on Gransnet.

annodomini Thu 12-Jan-17 10:17:19

Love those massive goggles, kitty. smile

kittylester Thu 12-Jan-17 09:47:36

I got these photos of Lottie (aged 3) ready for her first swimming lesson. I keep getting the giggles

AlieOxon Thu 12-Jan-17 09:34:10

My tooth has stopped hurting too! Hope it stays that way...

cornergran Wed 11-Jan-17 22:27:30

My tooth stopped hurting

That sounds good, ann.

celebgran Wed 11-Jan-17 21:31:48

Sounds good annsixty

I cooked roast pork only just eaten was good but did way too much

Best moment was managing get in garden and tidy up,bit dh set wallflowers been left on patio and inset some sweet peas, I ca f stand for long but was good be in open air

annsixty Wed 11-Jan-17 21:06:37

Fat finger, it was so enjoyable

annsixty Wed 11-Jan-17 21:04:04

My day which didn't start well has improved. My DGD visited and set my new Tassimo up and brought Americano pods for it and my H enjoyed his salmon dinner which as a result of his dementia he doesn't always do. We have enjoyed a bottle of dry white wine and a Southern Comfort with our coffee. A real and rare result it and so enjoyable, rather like old times.

NfkDumpling Wed 11-Jan-17 20:45:50

Went into Norwich - on the bus! I haven't wanted to for some time as my knee doesn't like standing at bus stops for long periods. But it now stops at the bus station where there's plenty of seating. Result!

Bbnan Wed 11-Jan-17 17:42:13

Installed a Stanley insert stovein early December...Weather has not been cold enough to get benefit of it...This evening is very cold with snow due next few days.....It is glowing house is like toast,,,it's so cosy so happy to have it and costs a lot less than oil

AlieOxon Wed 11-Jan-17 12:17:08

Managed to recognise someone in three more of the old photos my sister left me!

Cath9 Wed 11-Jan-17 11:18:59

Arrival of a little thing!
I was informed yesterday by my son, that they are expecting their second child in the summer. I am so pleased for them as both sons have been trying for a second child for while now, as their first child will be 6 in April and the younger son's first child is now 4 yrs of age.

KatyK Wed 11-Jan-17 10:20:41

or good day even!

celebgran Wed 11-Jan-17 09:23:51

Just had text from my dear son thanking me for card present is his birthday today it means so much when cut off from my dear daughter

Marmight Wed 11-Jan-17 09:01:10

Last night met up with DD2 and her family, along with DD3 and her family, at a hotel near Heathrow for a final supper before they start their journey today back to Oz via Austria and Indonesia. A bitter sweet time but so many happy memories of the last 3 weeks all together.

carerof123 Tue 10-Jan-17 18:08:44

Spending the day with my oldest friend today. we have known each other over 30years so we have a lot to laugh, cry and chat about!!!

KatyK Tue 10-Jan-17 16:40:07

Did a big pile of ironing for my DD (feeling very virtuous), then lunch with DH and a couple of drinks with friends tonight smile ood day sunshine

Greyduster Tue 10-Jan-17 16:08:21

Thankyou folks for the recommendations! I can't wait to go now!

rosesarered Tue 10-Jan-17 16:00:39

So that's what the initials stand for ann.... you are brave, the thought of an injection to the eye sends me into a cold faint.

rosesarered Tue 10-Jan-17 15:58:56

We usually take guests to the Ashmolean, covered market, Christ Church College,
By the river ( Head Of The River pub) The Eagle and Child pub, The Sheldonian, and the Botanic Gardens ( lovely) or for a boat trip.Broad Street is interesting and down a few steps into The White Horse pub for a rest and a pint ( like Morse) then almost next door to look around Blackwell's ( books.)
Have a good time Greyduster ( us Gransnetters meet up at The Ashmolean cafe in the basement.)

NanKate Tue 10-Jan-17 15:08:32

So pleased for you Ann.

Greyduster you are in for a treat I just love Oxford, even though it is very busy. Well done to your grandson too. There are some wonderful museums to visit such as the Pitt Rivers and if you want a light lunch a trip to the Modern Art a Museum cafe is good. Quod is a good restaurant for something more substantial. The covered market is fun. The church on the other side of the road from Quod has a very vibrant cafe. I could go on but I won't grin

annsixty Tue 10-Jan-17 12:10:49

You were right Anya it is Age-Related Macular Degeneration and mine is the wet variety which is kept stable by injections into the eye. The dry variety is worse as it cannot be treated.
PDT is Photo dynamic Therapy in which a light sensitive substance is infused into your body and then the affected part is treated by laser. It is used in some forms of cancer. After treatment you are very very sensitive to light for 48 hrs and must wear long sleeves and socks and dark glasses all the time and stay as much as possible in a dim light. It is more of a Botheration than anything and not at all painful and in my case very successful?

Greyduster Tue 10-Jan-17 12:06:13

Had a call from DiL asking if we would like to go to Oxford for a weekend in May to see step-GS's graduation year art show. I am looking forward to it as we have never been to Oxford. ?

kittylester Tue 10-Jan-17 11:55:54

I got to the bottom of the pile of ironing yesterday and the stuff on my desk today! We need a halo emoticon!