Gransnet forums

Chat

Things without rhyme or reason

(84 Posts)
trisher Mon 05-Dec-16 18:14:29

It's the little things I am talking about. The things for which there seems to be absolutely no reason. The things that irritate you. The things you don't understand. For example I don't understand why when I buy a pack of 2 bras which are supposed to be the same size and just a different colour, one of them fits really well and the other doesn't.
Any more irritants?

grannypiper Wed 14-Dec-16 08:23:21

All of the above ! but the one that makes me growl like a bear is when people cant say excuse me but instead stand there and look at you as if you can read their mind or even worse barge past. Another thing that gets on my goat( which happened yesterday) is when you are stood in a queue and the person behind as to stand so close to you that the are stuck to you, my solution to that is to take a step backwards on to their toes then smile sweetly apologise and say oh dear i didnt realise you were stood so close. Grr rant over tchsmile

vampirequeen Tue 13-Dec-16 09:36:22

The rules of the UK benefit system. Sorry just bitter and twisted atm.

Childproof locks of any kind which can defy the machinations of a quantum physicist but pop open when touched by a two year old.

JackyB Sun 11-Dec-16 10:20:21

A phenomenon I was reminded of yesterday was, I got into the car and drove to the supermarket. All fine. When I came out and sat in the car to drive home, I had to pull the seat forward because my legs hardly reached the pedals.

Elegran Thu 08-Dec-16 11:21:53

It is so true!

Judthepud2 Thu 08-Dec-16 09:41:39

??? Elegran That video!

Pigglywiggly Thu 08-Dec-16 07:47:07

Love the video Elegran

pollyperkins Thu 08-Dec-16 07:46:33

Elegran that video is hiarious!

Lupin Thu 08-Dec-16 07:34:30

The very long lead on my floor steamer that is too long to wrap around the bits it's meant to. It falls off every time.
Actually - leads from all electrical items that twist and entwine - particularly round the TV set up.

Shanma Thu 08-Dec-16 00:07:07

Why do birds who have been gorging on fruit decide to poo on my white washing, but never on old gardening clothes?

annodomini Wed 07-Dec-16 23:51:02

Same thing with cans of sardines.

Llamedos13 Wed 07-Dec-16 23:45:06

or the ring pull on the can of corned beef that fails halfway through

Llamedos13 Wed 07-Dec-16 23:41:22

Or like now when I just finished a long story and it disappeared before my eyes, so freaking annoying.

cornergran Wed 07-Dec-16 23:00:20

Ring pulls on cans that pull off before the can is open.
Hard disc recorder that doesn't
The bjggest gripe at the moment is a supplier that doesn't when he says he will. How is that ok?

Indinana Wed 07-Dec-16 22:40:22

Why are jars of coffee, drinking chocolate etc always taller than the teaspoon that the instructions tell you to measure the damn stuff with? Fine when the jar is full, but when it's nearly empty.... grrr!

Nanna58 Wed 07-Dec-16 22:28:18

Those irritating ribbon things in tops and blouses that are supposed to be wrapped round the clothes hangers, but never are! I chop 'em off!

Synonymous Wed 07-Dec-16 22:12:59

Being tired and very sleepy in my armchair only to find it impossible to drop off when tucked up in bed.

janeayressister Wed 07-Dec-16 21:56:02

Plonking yourself on a lavatory seat to find it wobbles violently to one side.
Sitting down on a lavatory to find it has been urinated on.
Sitting down on a lavatory to find the lid is still on.
Pulling on flesh coloured tight to find that there is a ladder running up the back. Sqeezing some squidgy plastic container with the last of expensive makeup in it, to find it then splurges onto the floor.
Having lipstick stuck to my teeth.
Hardly touching some item in a shop and it promptly falls onto the floor.
Snagging a nail when I am out and finding I haven't got a file with me.

grannybuy Wed 07-Dec-16 20:54:29

Trisher, I complained to M & S after buying two blouses, same garment, in two different colours. I bought the second one because the first was such a good fit, but the second didn't fit nearly so well. I was told that different colours of the same garment were often produced in different factories, hence the discrepancy.

Elegran Wed 07-Dec-16 20:30:47

Pigglywiggly and -Pollyperkins* Have they been speaking to the man in this video?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1_QTm-wpsY

Alima Wed 07-Dec-16 20:18:37

Exaltedwombat, please explain why. (Where I used to work a friend there used "puppies" as a euphemism for boobies). I am very confused.

nancyma Wed 07-Dec-16 19:49:01

Manicure just finished looking wonderful although still just a little tacky ; need to go to the loo !!!! Every time and yes I always go before the manicure starts

pollyperkins Wed 07-Dec-16 19:15:10

Piggly wiggly - because no doubt they do as you put them in! My son used to say much the same before he left home: 'I've noticed that if I drop dirty clothes on the floor, thy reappear washed and ironed as if by magic a couple of days later." Said with a winning, if cheeky smile!

Mauriherb Wed 07-Dec-16 18:58:59

Why does my BT vision box need to update / reboot 10 minutes from the end of an exciting programme?

Pigglywiggly Wed 07-Dec-16 18:02:00

Why do my family believe that if they leave dirty cups, plates etc on the worktop above the dishwasher they will find their own way inside it?

DaphneBroon Wed 07-Dec-16 17:34:47

Wondering would time2rhyme belong on this thread confused ?