Gransnet forums

Chat

Those damned Hatchimals !

(48 Posts)
gillybob Mon 12-Dec-16 14:29:59

Where oh where, am I going to get not one, but two Hatchimal's from now, before Christmas?

I have tried almost everywhere !

I know they are probably a load of complete rubbish but it is what both DGD's have asked for.

Teetime Mon 12-Dec-16 14:31:25

Don't know what they are- have you rung Hamleys' or some of the larger stores?

Nanamaz Mon 12-Dec-16 14:35:39

Amazon have them - they are £100+ each!

gillybob Mon 12-Dec-16 14:36:10

I have rung just about everywhere thank you Teetime most places are saying they will only be available in store (which rules out most places for me as I'm at work) and only one per customer.

gillybob Mon 12-Dec-16 14:36:55

Yes I have seen them on ebay too Nanamaz over £120 each. Stuff that !

ninathenana Mon 12-Dec-16 17:14:28

e-bay have some £70-80

BlueBelle Mon 12-Dec-16 18:42:24

They are selling them on local Facebook sites for anything from £80 to £120 it really is silly I remember buying one of those furby things a few years back which was never used after Christmas Day

J52 Mon 12-Dec-16 19:14:00

We gave up, despite being able to collect on from most places along the M1 or M6!

We for second requested toy, a furry dinosaur that apparently breathes fire. Can't wait for Christmas morning, hope I get to play with it! grin

J52 Mon 12-Dec-16 19:14:50

Missed out 'went', line 2.

Jalima Mon 12-Dec-16 20:13:34

Argos are advertising them at £59.99 shock
www.argos.co.uk/product/5436473
It says that credit options are available!

(out of stock in our area)

gillybob Mon 12-Dec-16 21:58:58

Out of stock everywhere Jalima that's the problem.

harrigran Mon 12-Dec-16 22:50:27

I would like to think that Santa could magic a couple up because children have such faith.
I do hope you find them gilly

HurdyGurdy Mon 12-Dec-16 22:50:28

I read on a facebook page (could have been something like Extreme Bargains or something similar) that you can get them on amazon italy or germany. They are the same ones that you would buy here and with postage etc, still works out at about the same price as they are here.

That was a week or so ago, so I don't know if they are still available.

Oh, and they said that if you don't speak the language, then google has a good translation tool.

Good luck - my daughter was fortunate in that she pre-ordered one for her daughter as soon as they were announced, otherwise I am pretty sure we would be scrabbling around too, trying to get hold of the darned things!

HurdyGurdy Mon 12-Dec-16 22:52:02

Here - I have found this. I don't know if it helps, but good luck x

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/hatchimals-amazon-where-to-buy-stock-checker_uk_5834093ce4b0c6c8bc168709

Jalima Mon 12-Dec-16 23:04:22

Oh dear

Remember Tracy Island? Not that mine ever asked for that.

My DC used to ask Santa for something in November, so Mrs Santa would purchase and wrap, then they would have changed their minds mid-December for something which was out of stock

ninathenana Mon 12-Dec-16 23:31:57

I bought S a Buzz Lightyear for Christmas one year. I bought it in October never guessing that come December they would be like gold dust. I felt quiet smug tchgrin

hildajenniJ Tue 13-Dec-16 08:51:08

My grandchildren are home educated and don't have regular television. They do watch tv, but via internet streaming. Fortunately therefore, they don't come into contact with the trends of the moment. My DD asked me to buy them fleecy inside, which was easy as Next had them in all their sizes.
I can only wish you luck with your search for the hatchimals gillybob.

hildajenniJ Tue 13-Dec-16 08:52:21

Fleecy onesies. Honestly, autocorrect is a menace.

gillybob Tue 13-Dec-16 09:31:01

It's all about peer pressure isn't it hildajenniJ and they do get a lot of it in school. Also the TV is crammed with adverts for the latest "must have" toy. There are a few for sale on Gumtree but they are all way over the retail price. It looks like a lot of people have grabbed them just to sell on for a profit, which is a shame.

goose1964 Tue 13-Dec-16 10:47:57

they are total rubbish and will be forgotten by boxing day. I would get them something that will last

nannypink1 Tue 13-Dec-16 11:06:03

My granddaughter wanted one n my son bought one...only to be told a few days later she thought furbys were better!! He sold the hatchimal on n got a furby. She'd better not change her mind again!!! lol

quEEEniE Tue 13-Dec-16 11:15:39

I was looking for a hatchimal but change to a furby hopefully it will be ok on the day.

However during my search l rang John Sanders in Ruislip who said they are expecting a delivery this is to be announced on facebook date etc. I am not on facebook but those who do and live nearby may find this

harrigran Tue 13-Dec-16 11:28:28

I was going to suggest you tried an independent toy shop in Stockton, we have obtained toys there when they have disappeared from big stores, but sadly have found that it went into receivership last year.

Blinko Tue 13-Dec-16 11:42:53

I have no idea what these are...[smile

GrammaH Tue 13-Dec-16 11:44:11

I am mystified - what's a hatchimal??