Gransnet forums

Chat

Just had a Festive Whoo- Hoo moment!!

(14 Posts)
Craftycat Fri 23-Dec-16 10:39:23

I have just stuck 4 packets of Maltesers onto Ganache over an chocolate & caramel ice cream bombe & it's back in the freezer!!The recipe said this was the tricky part- it wasn't- it was a doddle.
I may be sad but made me feel very happy & really glad it is now out of the way until Sunday.
I had a similar moment yesterday when I wrapped the last present & also when I walked out of the butchers clutching my lovely free range turkey to me having done the Sainsbury's 'big' shop an hour before.
I know Christmas is a lot of work for all of us but isn't it lovely to have that little moment of achievement or am I just sad?

Going to see DGS in his drama club's play later which will be a treat as they have not had enough spaces for GPs to get to all the Nativity things in school- I have the DVDs.

Come on what gave you a Whoo-Hoo today???

Teetime Fri 23-Dec-16 10:41:05

Well done CraftyCat my Whoo-Hoo was the scales this morning 24.5 lbs less than this time last year!!!
Happy Christmas xxx

Jane10 Fri 23-Dec-16 10:42:27

When DH said he'd do the big shop! First benefit so far of knee replacement!

Swanny Fri 23-Dec-16 10:55:34

My Whoo-Hoo was yesterday when I found a tinsel penguin to go on top of the tree. Yes I know it's usually an angel or a star but penguins are DGS's favourite creatures at the moment and the look on his face when he walked in and saw it was priceless tchsmile

rosesarered Fri 23-Dec-16 12:01:00

My whoo-hoo yesterday was finding the ancient Christmas card holders that I had put away in a safe place last year, and I had searched for over the last week, so now the cards can be put up properly and not in a heap on the sideboard.
Today's whoo-hoo is not something I can really say........but it was very nice!tchblush

kittylester Fri 23-Dec-16 12:04:29

My moment will be when I find the book that I bought for DH and put in a safe place!! tchangry

Ana Fri 23-Dec-16 12:21:52

roses, you lucky thing! tchgrin

ninathenana Fri 23-Dec-16 12:27:58

When H and I walked out of Tesco this morning at 9.30am knowing that was the last of the shopping until at least 27th Then drove past the queue trying to get into the car park.
#smugface

suzied Fri 23-Dec-16 12:31:11

We did Lidl at 7 am. Out by 7.30 am.

Indinana Fri 23-Dec-16 20:33:00

My whoo-hoo was when I walked out of the breast care centre at my local hospital this morning. I'd found a lump back in August, was referred instantly and had a mammogram and ultra-sound scan and biopsy, went back 3 weeks later for results which were a bit odd. It seemed that the tissue samples (4 of them) were normal breast tissue, and the consultant was puzzled as he expected it at least to show that it was a cyst.
So he wanted to see me after 3 months just to be on the safe side. And it's clear - the lump has virtually disappeared, and he's happy that it was just a lipoma that has shrunk since I've been losing weight. Whoo-hoo indeed tchsmile

Alima Fri 23-Dec-16 20:58:19

What a wonderful whoo-hoo moment for you Indiana.

Willow500 Fri 23-Dec-16 21:53:07

I think my whoo-hoo moment just happened an hour ago when we got back with all the shopping and I managed to put it all away despite having lost quite a lot of storage space with the new kitchen refit - and earlier when I had also finally unpacked the last box of kitchen stuff put away for said refit.

Wonderful news for you Indinana - what a relief!

NanKate Fri 23-Dec-16 22:34:21

Roses are you going to explain yourself a bit further or are you going to let us let our imaginations run wild ? hmm

My whoo-hoo moment was running round a NT garden in Sussex this afternoon chasing my 5 and 3 year old grandsons in a game of hide and seek. It was getting dark and spooky and they loved it.

TwiceAsNice Sat 24-Dec-16 00:10:36

My whoo hoo moment was drinking champagne to toast completing on my new flat after a 3 month delay. Now concentrating on Christmas for a few days before moving in the furniture from storage on the 28th- and I have wrapped all the presents I bought