Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(22 Posts)
12Michael Wed 28-Dec-16 06:43:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, looks like its been a hard frost overnight, no sign of fog in my part of Brackley this morning.
Mick

NfkDumpling Wed 28-Dec-16 07:01:19

Morning Mick, morning All

Woke early today after a lazy day yesterday languishing with a surfeit headache most of the day. DH has it today (the bumper box of Roses had diminished considerably yesterday with only him for company). Still, dark and starry outside - and felt very chilly when I just tossed a crust out for the birds.

A day of washing, cleaning and ironing awaits.

ffinnochio Wed 28-Dec-16 07:15:32

Good Morning from France. Lovely deep blue sky lightening to the East. Cold and damp outside so decided to leave some shutters closed for a while longer. A couple of cheery candles beep me company for breakfast.

ffinnochio Wed 28-Dec-16 07:16:26

keep!

thatbags Wed 28-Dec-16 07:39:43

Morning, all! Still dark here but there's a glimmer of light. I think we"re in for a cloudy day with some sunshine this afternoon. Here's hoping!

Meanwhile I've left a note on the upstairs toilet telling people not to be alarmed: I'm testing the toilet cleaning abilities of some vinegary wine.

Happy days, dudes!

cornergran Wed 28-Dec-16 07:51:24

Morning All. Dark, really frosty and cold in our corner of Somerset. Our much anticipated family day today. Loads of travel problems and uncertain health could make for a last minute change of plans. Fingers remain crossed! Hope Wednesday is kind to you.

Jan51 Wed 28-Dec-16 07:54:23

Good morning all. Just getting light in west Cornwall. Really not feeling it today as I am packing for DH and I to return home to London after a great Christmas with the family. Hate going home but as new granddaughter has not made her appearance yet I know I will be back soon.

Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Wed 28-Dec-16 07:55:43

Good morning from a foggy frosty Colchester. It's very quiet outside so I guess everyone is fogbound. DH was going fishing and I had planned a trip to town but I think we will stay in and nurse our colds instead.

mumofmadboys Wed 28-Dec-16 07:56:11

DH's family are coming today so must stir myself and do some cooking.Pavlova base made last night- thanks Delia.

Greyduster Wed 28-Dec-16 07:59:36

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A hard frost to start us off today in South Yorkshire, but clear. They forecast wall to wall fog, so maybe that will come when it warms up - if it warms up! We had a very lazy day yesterday so have to get out and do something that involves movement today. Too cold to think about it yet! Have a good day, whatever you're doing.

carerof123 Wed 28-Dec-16 08:05:37

Oh my what a beautiful sight when i looked out the window just after 7am. Everywhere was white!!!!

It looks magical and so apt for this time of year, what a shame it wasn't like that Christmas morning.

Here in Letchworth we have no fog just the beautiful frost!!!

Stansgran Wed 28-Dec-16 08:10:04

Oh dear. Forgot to reprogramme the central heating when we got back. Gone back to bed til everything warms up. It's -1 here.

harrigran Wed 28-Dec-16 08:16:31

Good morning, harsh frost and very cold. It looks more seasonal than it did on Christmas day. Family are safely home from other GPs so I can relax.

NfkDumpling Wed 28-Dec-16 08:16:37

Just opened the curtains and looked out again - all foggy and frosty. So glad I don't have to travel.

ninathenana Wed 28-Dec-16 08:17:31

Morning all
We were forecast thick fog in Kent but not the hard frost that greeted me when I opened the curtains.
I was due to meet a friend for coffee but she cancelled as she very often does tchangry but I don't think I'd want to drive in this anyway. So she's done me a favour.

DanniRae Wed 28-Dec-16 08:27:45

Good morning everyone - so pretty when I opened the curtains this morning here in South London and so cold when I opened the patio doors to let the dog out! Unwell all yesterday with a heavy cold - feel a little better today but not going to leave the sofa unless I have to.....Wishing you all a Good Day!!

hildajenniJ Wed 28-Dec-16 08:33:38

Good morning everyone.
It's bright, clear and cold in the Tyne Valley. No frost here, but seventeen miles down the crowd in Hexham it's frosty. The car registered 1° when we got home. Family went home yesterday, and SiL is going back to work today. DH and I are having a TV catch up day, so nice and relaxing.
Have a good day everyone.

Nelliemoser Wed 28-Dec-16 08:54:18

Good morning all. It is very frosty here in Cheshire.
I have got to clean and cook some more, the little grandsons are arriving tomorrow.

PRINTMISS Wed 28-Dec-16 09:03:16

Good morning, frosty here too, and I think I have a cold coming, so will probably stay indoors today, although I have been indoors for four days now, which is not good, but yesterday my hip was really painful, after Boxing Day when I was busy all day. We still have plenty of food in the cupboard, so I can relax if I want to. Enjoy your days.

DaphneBroon Wed 28-Dec-16 09:05:49

Good morning all from a bright, sunny and COLD corner of N Bucks! ☀️❄️
Feeling proper poorly so will keep my germs to my self, just wish you all a happy day.

Swanny Wed 28-Dec-16 09:13:36

Good morning everyone. No sign of fog here in N London at 7.30 but an hour later it was really quite thick. Temperature recording -4 tchshock That's what the 'thingy'says anyway.

Have a good day, and keep warm and safe.

kittylester Wed 28-Dec-16 09:21:53

Good morning everyone.

It's bright and frosty here in North Leicestershire! I'm feeling slightly more human today but the family day yesterday was a bit of a struggle and DD1's husband and son didn't make it here! Just DD3 and family here for the next couple of days!

Enjoy your days everyone and take it easy if you are under the weather.brewsunshine