Gransnet forums

Chat

I am contemplating ways to kill Grampy...... input welcome !!

(131 Posts)
NanaandGrampy Tue 10-Jan-17 16:51:02

Today, we were watching Lorraine and one of the Loose Women was on ( I forget her name) talking about divorce and not wasting your life.

I cant remember exactly what I said - something like 'I can't bear this whining woman, turn it off if you're not watching'?

To which Grampy replied ' You've gotten bitter since you turned 60 , you can have your point of view but I don't have to hear it !'

When I told him I was hurt ( I'm almost positive I'm not bitter about anything or anyone and certainly not since my birthday ) he laughed. Waited a touch too long and then said 'sorry'.

Not on his knees !

Not sorry at all .....

I have decided after 40 years if a) he has not learned to tune me out
or
b) I cant say what I like without fear of favour to him

he has to go !

Choices available to me :

Under the patio
Under the car
A 'trip' down the stairs
Drain cleaner in his dinner.

Any advice gratefully received !!

Stansgran Tue 10-Jan-17 18:47:38

Buy a leg of mutton. Freeze it. Bludgeon him with it. Then have roast mutton for dinner.
Can you tell I've thought about it? grin
It works both ways wobbly.

Jane10 Tue 10-Jan-17 18:49:25

I wouldn't go so far as to murder him but, as he's out babysitting, how about getting a locksmith out to change the locks? A session out in the cold should make him think of apologising. You could say things like "Now this is bitter"!
Just a suggestion...

Ana Tue 10-Jan-17 18:49:32

sunseeker your post has just reminded me of a tv programme plotline - bash him over the head with a froen leg of lamb, then defrost it, cook it and serve it up to the Police people when they come to question you!

(Far-fetched, I know, but novel...)

Ana Tue 10-Jan-17 18:50:33

Great minds, Stansgran! grin

annsixty Tue 10-Jan-17 18:56:04

I remember that Ana I think it was Tales of the Unexpected.

Alima Tue 10-Jan-17 18:59:07

A "fall" from the Gosport Ferry? No funeral bills.

Stansgran Tue 10-Jan-17 19:01:52

Mutton leg is larger and has more biffing quality. I knew I'd read it somewhere and stored it for future use.

Jane10 Tue 10-Jan-17 19:05:33

Needn't bother to get GNHQ to delete this thread. The police would never believe us dear old grans could possibly be involved. We might have to organise a squad to nip down and take out wobblybits though in case he grasses you up.

cornergran Tue 10-Jan-17 19:13:40

I haven't laughed so much for ages - suggestions duly noted for the next time I get 'the sigh'. grin.

Jalima Tue 10-Jan-17 19:14:58

Buy a leg of mutton. Freeze it. Bludgeon him with it. Then have roast mutton for dinner.
wasn't that a detective story on the tv?
Or was it a real one that I remember?

I think I would have rammed the rest of the chocolate roulade where the sun don't shine on his head Grananarchist.

Someone I know was going to write a book on how to commit the perfect murder and get away with it when he retired. I must contact him and ask if he's written it yet smile
(that was a nasty smile btw)

Nelliemoser Tue 10-Jan-17 19:17:03

What could you recommend for a husband who shrinks your lovely hand knitted wool cardigan. It is quite felted and only just fits now.
(and some other crimes to be "taken into consideration."

kittylester Tue 10-Jan-17 19:19:36

Ask phoenix for one of her spells! They are really good. Or set the grans on him. We fly away on our broomsticks leaving no clues at all! grin

Jalima Tue 10-Jan-17 19:19:42

I asked DH today what he thought about a hairstyle I had got off the internet that I thought would suit me. I said 'of course, the model is younger than me and very pretty'
He said 'well, you were young once too'

What happened to 'pretty'?
At least he could have paid lip service to it sad

Auntieflo Tue 10-Jan-17 19:22:04

Ah now I know why I have still got that leg of lamb in the freezer. Offers anyone??

Jalima Tue 10-Jan-17 19:25:57

We ate the lamb, will a frozen duck have the same effect?
I suppose it doesn't have the handle. hmm

Christinefrance Tue 10-Jan-17 19:34:31

Maybe we could form a hit squad of Grans always ready to avenge their crones, sorry cronies and see justice done.

Greyduster Tue 10-Jan-17 19:55:13

It would only work if you left the beak on the duck, jalima. Nana plotting to do in grampy?? ? Is the world as we know it coming to an end?? I thought mine was the only absolutely infuriating old git in the universe. When Teetime has finished battering all her coughing blokes with a five iron, I'm sure she would be pleased to oblige!

Charleygirl Tue 10-Jan-17 20:05:15

Be careful if you follow Galen's advice re a sharp tug in the bath because you do not want to be leaving any bruises on his delicate ankles. This shows I read too many crime novels.

Galen Tue 10-Jan-17 20:18:48

Fleecy mittens should solve that problem
By the way my dh died of natural causes, honest!
( although there were times----------)

Jalima Tue 10-Jan-17 20:29:15

Firstly, you have to dress like this N&G - and hope that he doesn't notice as you skulk around him wink

Charleygirl Tue 10-Jan-17 20:38:45

Would you like any help?

Jalima Tue 10-Jan-17 20:40:45

N&G may need some help struggling into the forensic attire! Especially without Grampy noticing.

NanaandGrampy Tue 10-Jan-17 20:47:13

You've cheered me up no end !

He's on his way home soon - he'll live to fight another day !

rosesarered Tue 10-Jan-17 21:04:15

Nana it was probably just a grumpy moment on his part.
Granarchist does your DH often do baffling things?

Yes, I think we all bicker a bit at times, especially once retired.grin

Cunco Tue 10-Jan-17 21:53:48

The leg of lamb method was the basis of a short story by Roald Dahl in 1953 called 'Lamb to the slaughter'. It was later made into an episode by Alfred Hitchcock.

Another idea is to use an icicle as the murder weapon which melts and disappears.

Whether a gran would get away with it might hang on whether the local detective read short stories or googled. I suspect all our Grans would be filled with remorse and turn themselves in. smile