Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(15 Posts)
12Michael Thu 19-Jan-17 06:51:57

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its foggy out this morning here in Brackley , so could be a nice day.
Mick

Nana3 Thu 19-Jan-17 07:06:02

Good morning Mick and everyone. Not raining at the moment in Lancashire but the drizzle will be back, yesterday was awful. Come on sunshine we need you.
I've been awake since 4:45, too much on my mind. If I get busy today tonight should be more restful.
Have a good day everyone.

ffinnochio Thu 19-Jan-17 07:13:11

Good morning to all from France. - ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ Real feel -13. Very chilly indeed, but there is promise of blue skies and sunshine later. Thinking of getting a balaclava to wear when walking!

Thank you Rinouchka and annesixty for your kind comments of yesterday.

kittylester Thu 19-Jan-17 07:15:53

Morning Mick, morning Nana3, morning all!

It is dark, not raining and quite warm in North Leicestershire. Busy day for me today - taking our cleaner to clean for DS1, a trip to Sainsbury's, cinema to see La La Land, a meal and then an open meeting of our Clinical Commissioning Group!

Sorry you have worries Nana3 - can we help?

kittylester Thu 19-Jan-17 07:17:00

Morning ffinnochio - keep warm.

Nana3 Thu 19-Jan-17 07:38:59

Thanks kitty, you are kind.
I'm clearing my parents house, they lived there for 67 years. It's a lot of work but mostly emotional. I have a plan so I just need to get busy. I'm visiting Mum in the care home this morning too and she has a chest infection and is quite poorly.

cornergran Thu 19-Jan-17 07:40:16

Morning All. There seems to be a frost in our corner of Somerset. Wasn't expecting that. Maybe some sunshine today. Sympathise nana, I've been awake since 04.14 with circular thoughts. Tedious isn't it? Goodness, kitty if I did all that in a day I would need to lie down for a month. Envious of your energy. I'm off to help demolish a fireplace. Should be fun! Hope Thursday is kind to everyone

NfkDumpling Thu 19-Jan-17 07:44:41

Morning All

Overcast in Norfolk this morning so no frost but it's still chilly and more cold is forecast. After all the gloom and doom about rising world temperatures on TV last evening perhaps that'll be a good thing.

I'm off to ENT at our local cottage hospital this morning. I believe about my new hearing aids, but not sure. We're so lucky to have this little hospital. (A local lady left a million to it with the proviso it could only be spent there. And no get out clause.)

And my snazzy new desk will arrive this morning. Out with the hotchpotch of table and drawers various. The room will match!

Pittcity Thu 19-Jan-17 07:56:40

Good morning from chilly Colchester. Not as cold as yesterday which hardly got above freezing all day. We did have sunshine though and am expecting more today.
Housework, ironing and shopping today. A good old fashioned beef stew with dumplings tonight.

harrigran Thu 19-Jan-17 08:22:54

Good morning, 7 degrees and dry here. Nothing planned for today but must collect repeat prescription otherwise anticoagulants will run out at the weekend.

Rinouchka Thu 19-Jan-17 08:26:26

Good Morning everyone.
Sending hugs, Nana3 but admiration as well.

DD3 here to help us celebrate my birthday today. The sun is gently smiling through the bushes and I have lots of lovely cards and emails.

A 3/4 day long historical riverwalk planned with stops for coffee , lunch, tea, then dinner out with friends.
Have asked for no presents and only 1 bunch of flowers but for donation to charity instead.
Have a good day everyone!

PRINTMISS Thu 19-Jan-17 08:56:50

Good morning to you all, it is fine and frosty here again. Went out yesterday afternoon, and quite suddenly felt very ill, thought I was going to fall off the chair! No idea what was wrong, stayed for the rest of the meeting then came home and had some hot lemon and honey with some paracetamol and I am fine again now - the other half keeps reminding me I am no longer a spring chicken, thank you very much. Not a lot planned for today, just enjoy the sunshine through the windows I think (they need a clean!) Enjoy your days.

Greyduster Thu 19-Jan-17 09:02:05

Good morning, Michael and all GNs, and Happy Birthday Rinouchka. Another grey chilly day here, but I had a good night's sleep and was not camped out in the bathroom, thankfully. I was supposed to be walking in the Peak District today with DD and having a pub lunch, but that will have to wait until next week. Hope your mum improves soon, Nana3. Have a good day, folks.

Nelliemoser Thu 19-Jan-17 09:02:49

Good Morning all. For any comments on the weather see my yesterdays comments because I think I will be posting the same until the end of the week. I have not seen any sun for days. It is really dark here. I need sunshinesunshinesunshinesunshinesunshinesunshinesunshinesunshinesunshine

rosesarered Thu 19-Jan-17 09:06:19

Maybe not a Spring chicken PRINTMISS more a glossy hen at the peak of it's life, maturing nicely with a lifetime of wisdom( at least that is how we should all think) grin hope you feel ok today anyway.
A strange looking morning here in Oxfordshire, the sun is shining through mist( more like fog) a bit like in a painting.Very cold overnight ( DH closed the window, and he is a Spartan usually.)
Going out later, but will wait for fog to clear.Have a good day, all.