Gransnet forums

Chat

A nice young man rang this morning

(110 Posts)
Stansgran Thu 19-Jan-17 15:11:47

A happy ten minutes wasting his time as these false claims mean our insurance is high.

Stansgran Thu 19-Jan-17 15:10:28

I did thank you for calling as I'm so lonely and it's lovely to have a chat. I had the trying to get you to claim for an accident "that you never had one "yesterday. Yes DH did but it was forty years ago and in Liverpool and then someone ran into the back of him but the car was an ancient MG built like a tank and the idiot who ran into him had his car wrecked and the mg luggage rack had a slight dent.

Anya Thu 19-Jan-17 15:02:14

Good for you. You upset the lying cheat grin

Jomarie Thu 19-Jan-17 14:56:13

That's brilliant! I sometimes (if the devil is in me) tell my unwanted callers that "I can't talk now as the nappies are boiling over" and then put the phone down. Most of the youngsters calling me don't even know that nappies can be boiled! This used to work for me many many years ago if I had unwanted doorstep callers. It makes me happy and gets rid of the caller so win win for me. grin

shysal Thu 19-Jan-17 14:47:31

Made me giggle too kitty grin! I have recently bought a call blocker for my phone, so no longer have the chance for a bit of fun. I already have caller ID so set-up was simple.

MiniMouse Thu 19-Jan-17 14:20:15

I needed cheering up today and that really made me lol. Thank you Kitty!

Riverwalk Thu 19-Jan-17 14:03:51

Well I hope the conversation wasn't 'being recorded for training purposes' grin

Poor bugger was probably about to give in his notice and had had enough!

kittylester Thu 19-Jan-17 13:59:06

I've been giggling about it all morning - it made my day! grin

NanaandGrampy Thu 19-Jan-17 13:57:39

I guess when you're in the middle of an important scam ..... it can be annoying to get 'a little old lady ' ?

kittylester Thu 19-Jan-17 13:56:32

to let me know that my computer had been hacked. I don't usually answer the phone without checking who it is but, at 8.10 am , I assumed it was one of the children, Mum's care home etc.

Anyway, I decided to have some fun so I played the little old lady card and thanked him for letting me know. He repeated himself and asked me to switch on the computer. I asked him to repeat himself and then I asked him why. At that, he shouted 'JUST TURN YOUR F*****G computer on' When I said, in shocked little old lady tones 'I beg your pardon?', he shouted 'OH, GO F**K YOURSELF' and hung up!

It's a good job that I'm not really a little old lady! blush