Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(14 Posts)
Bellasnana Sun 22-Jan-17 10:23:54

Good morning from a gloomy Malta. It is damp and cold so I doubt if we will venture out anywhere. I have DGD aged 5 and another little girl aged 6 who I babysit from time to time, so am prepared to have the house turned upside down. What with the two of them, plus the dog making a nuisance of himself, I will be worn out by the end of the day.grin

Happy days everyone sunshine

Mildred Sun 22-Jan-17 09:40:22

Good morning all, bit of a lie in this morning as GC were down yesterday, so a lazy day today, son has promised to make a chilli for dinner tonight (he does a very good one but need to go to shops to get some yoghurt, in case it is a bit too hot). Grandson who is learning to read with phonetics was correcting his GDad's pronounciation very funny.

whitewave Sun 22-Jan-17 09:18:39

Good morning all

A gorgeous sparkling winters day. Birds are starving, and costing me a fortune. Hurry up spring I'm getting itchy fingers to get into the garden.

Rinouchka Sun 22-Jan-17 09:11:58

Good morning from a cold but sunny Sunday in London!

Since Fruday, we have had no wifi as EE are supposedly updating us. Never before realised how much we depend on it....
Dismayed to learn that we will only have intermittent connection until at least midweek.

Have an enjoyable Sunday, everyone!

Rushing to catch up on emails before we get cut off again.

Greyduster Sun 22-Jan-17 08:54:02

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Very cold here in South Yorkshire with a hard frost, but the sky is a lovely pastel pallete and the fields look very pretty covered in frost. Me? I'm staying in bed for a bit! It is DDs birthday today but they won't be over until this evening as GS is running in an athletics meeting at the English Institute of Sport this afternoon. They are getting to be quite a family of runners. I have a pile of ironing to get stuck into today, and then [roast chicken] for lunch. Have a good day, folks!

harrigran Sun 22-Jan-17 08:23:53

Good morning, plus two and no frost near the NE coast. Visit to the GC this afternoon to hear about their busy week.

ffinnochio Sun 22-Jan-17 08:02:36

Good morning to all from France. Hovering around 0 degrees, so feeling warmer. Think I'm suffering from an emotional hangover from the last two days, so will be donning gloves and a hat to do some garden work and log shifting, followed by a trip to the cinema with friends to see Paterson, then all back here for supper. The perfect cure.

Pittcity Sun 22-Jan-17 07:50:42

Good morning from a below freezing but bright Colchester. Another sunny cold day in prospect. I am getting used to wearing my sunglasses with my woolly hat. Today's walk is for bread and milk. Roast chicken for dinner.

ninathenana Sun 22-Jan-17 07:34:45

Morning all.
-5c and very frosty in N Kent. I'm glad I don't need to venture out.
Be careful everyone.

NfkDumpling Sun 22-Jan-17 07:33:40

Morning All

It says -3 on my outside thermometer and everywhere is covered in sparkly rime frost and looks very pretty - from in here.

No plans for today as we're both rather stiff after doing more than we should helping to lay hefty edging around DDs lawn. It was our Christmas present for them. Really pleased with the result though it's certainly smartened up the garden. I don't think DSiL has realised yet that he'll have to strim the edges as well as cut the lawn now. He thought it would make things easier!

I think you may need more than a big sit down Kitty wine

kittylester Sun 22-Jan-17 07:28:33

Morning Nana3!

kittylester Sun 22-Jan-17 07:27:48

Morning Mick, morning all!

Very cold and frosty in North Leicestershire.

We had the two eldest dgc staying last night and later we are all going to Bertie's party. I think I'll need a big sit down!!

Enjoy your Sundays everyone.

Nana3 Sun 22-Jan-17 07:19:56

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's dark here in Lancashire too, no frost but chilly.
Family coming for lunch today.
Have a good Sunday.

12Michael Sun 22-Jan-17 06:40:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Still dark here in Brackley but it looks cold and dry though, supposed to be a low temperature week ahead.
Mick