Gransnet forums

Chat

I don't think this is usual nowadays

(11 Posts)
rosesarered Fri 27-Jan-17 09:45:20

As our family all lives locally, they thank us in person.A friend that we send gifts to for her children do send a thank you note....but so late, usually end of Jan or in Feb!

NanaandGrampy Fri 27-Jan-17 09:33:53

Thanks Gillybob my genes of course wink .

Mind you we wondered what the drawing was for a while ( its a Christmas tree of course silly Nana!!)

Izabella Fri 27-Jan-17 08:47:44

I have been happily surprised with my step DIL who always ensures we get thank you notes. Lovely and greatly appreciated.

gillybob Thu 26-Jan-17 13:41:59

Me too Rinouchka and Katek smile (the horse mad 10 year old)

I have a secret box full of all the little notes and cards the DGC have sent to me and DH over the years. One day, when they are older I will show it to them. Looking through it doesn't half cheer me up when I'm feeling down.

He's a gorgeous boy NanaandGrampy smile

NanaandGrampy Thu 26-Jan-17 13:29:57

It depends really , if we give the gift in person, no thank you note necessary but if we're not there then we always get a thank you note.

I made my girls do it and they carry it on. For the very tiny ones we get a drawing , for older children just a line written by them .

I think it's like 'please' and 'thank you' - just lovely manners.

This was Christmas Thank you card smile

Jane10 Thu 26-Jan-17 13:02:30

She sounds a keeper katek!

SueDonim Thu 26-Jan-17 12:58:32

I always get a hand-written note, often with a photo, from a friend's daughter who has two young children. (I'm wondering if we're talking about the same person, actually, as she has similar interests to your dil!)

I've known her for many years so she's almost a surrogate daughter but I rarely see her now as she lives 500 miles away. I know people are busy nowadays so I'm generally happy to just know a gift has arrived safely via text/email but I'm always touched by the care she shows when I send something to her or her children. smile

Katek Thu 26-Jan-17 11:11:10

I have one of those too Rinouchka....a horse mad 10year old dgd! Love the card. smile

Rinouchka Thu 26-Jan-17 11:06:27

Love thank yous! The attached from my horse- mad GD1( aged 10):

MawBroon Thu 26-Jan-17 10:35:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Katek Thu 26-Jan-17 10:31:00

I've just opened a thank you note from dgs (aged 1 & 3!) for their Christmas presents along with a message from dil thanking us for our gifts to her and our ds. She does this for every occasion. I'm more a text/email person, but she puts me to shame given that she works full time, has two very small children and is very busy with activities for the boys at weekends. It's a lovely and most appreciated gesture, but is she quite unusual for this day and age? She also loves old china and real books which perhaps gives a clue as to her character.