Gransnet forums

Chat

Static Caravan Site Fees??

(5 Posts)
Kateykrunch Mon 06-Feb-17 14:13:16

I didn't want to hijack the Holiday Home thread...are all nice coastal caravan sites very expensive for site fees? £3,000 - £4,000 seems the norm from what I can see. I dont think I would want to spend more than £2,000 per annum. Any one have any recommendations within that osrt of budget or am I kidding myself? (Looking, Yorkshire, Lincolnshire initially or sensible travel from South Yorkshire).

vampirequeen Mon 06-Feb-17 20:29:08

There is a nice little site at Kilnsea near Spurn on the East Coast. I don't know what they charge but I know someone who moved there because the site they were on initially upped the charges to over £3000 a year so I guess it's a lot less.

Kateykrunch Tue 07-Feb-17 15:22:30

Thanks VP, looked online, there seems to be 2 or 3 sites, I have emailed 1 for info, much obliged as I had never really explored that area, but will now.
GN is a proper font of knowledge.

notanan Tue 07-Feb-17 17:58:06

There are usually 2 tiers of site fees on the main well known chain sites: less fees for people who pay more for their caravan by buying one through the site, and the higher fees for people who buy cheaper caravans independantly and then move them to the site.

Lindylou29 Fri 13-Oct-17 16:51:49

Hi can anyone recommend a caravan site in norfolk area that isn’t too expensive for site fees please