Gransnet forums

Chat

St Davids Day

(18 Posts)
MawBroon Wed 01-Mar-17 06:59:03

Happy St Davids Day to all our Welsh grans and grandads!
Daffodil ๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒผ (subtle hint to GNHQ)

Lillie Wed 01-Mar-17 07:40:22

Diolch from me. smile

Ana Wed 01-Mar-17 08:13:13

daffodil

MawBroon Wed 01-Mar-17 09:12:35

I rather liked this!!

rosesarered Wed 01-Mar-17 09:15:13

HAPPY ST DAVID'S DAY! daffodil daffodil daffodil

Teetime Wed 01-Mar-17 09:17:35

Happy St David's Day and thank goodness we have seen the back of January and February!! smile

rosesarered Wed 01-Mar-17 09:17:41

When our DC were young, their junior school headmaster was Welsh, and every year he bought every child in the school a Mars Bar, so naturally they were all very keen on St David's Day.grin The sugar police would be down on him like a ton of bricks these days.

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 01-Mar-17 09:21:08

Happy St David's Day from GNHQ stdavids

Cherrytree59 Wed 01-Mar-17 09:42:48

stdavids Happy sunshine St Davids Day to all our Welsh Friends.
Also Pinch Punch first of the month.
White rabbitssmile

tanith Wed 01-Mar-17 09:43:36

Must buy a bunch of stdavidsstdavidsstdavids today, I usually remember as my Mum was Welsh and always made a big thing of today so I have them in her honour too.

Happy St David's Day everyone..

cornergran Wed 01-Mar-17 09:44:33

Happy St David's Day to all gransnetters with or without Welsh heritage. Thank you for the stdavids, Laura, forgot to buy some yesterday so will be raiding the garden. I do have a leek in the fridge though hmm. Please can we keep the stdavids for a while for a touch of Spring?

Luckygirl Wed 01-Mar-17 10:02:13

It does not feel like a Happy St David's Day! - I am trying to book tickets for the St David's Festival (!) and the * website will not let me pay as it says my country information is wrong - I live in the UK; that is what I have put!!! I have tried to send them a message to explain the problem and messages will not send from their site.

So I am a bit grouchy about dear St David at the moment!!!!

But have a good day all!

Anniebach Wed 01-Mar-17 10:12:07

hapus dydd Dewi Sant

Happy Saint Davids Day

stdavids

goldengirl Wed 01-Mar-17 13:48:01

Hapus dydd Dewi Sant!
stdavidsstdavidsstdavids

callgirl1 Wed 01-Mar-17 17:23:56

Happy St. David`s Day

watermeadow Wed 01-Mar-17 17:41:19

My children grew up in Wales. Dressing up on St David's Day was mandatory, babies too, wearing Welsh bonnets and shawls. The boys wore little leeks, which they nibbled during the school day.
They always learned Welsh songs and when I asked, "What does it mean in English?" they looked blank.
I'm afraid I never embraced Welsh culture as I lived in a horrible dump with a horrible husband. I escaped after 22 years and have never been back but am sorry now for all that I missed.

Jalima Wed 01-Mar-17 17:47:15

stdavids

Happy St David's Day from an English person - rather late but I have been over to Wales to a school Eisteddfod and it was very enjoyable. I also attempted to make Welsh cakes for DH but burnt the first batch; the pigeons enjoyed them.

Chewbacca Wed 01-Mar-17 17:54:36

hapus dydd Dewi Sant stdavids