Gransnet forums

Chat

Just a little something to share

(27 Posts)
whitewave Mon 10-Apr-17 16:26:24

I meant to put this on before, but forgot.

Off on a short break, we stopped in the first services after the M25 on the M40 on our way to Stratford. I was sat waiting in the car for DH to return from dog duties. A car drew up a couple of empty spaces from me. A well dressed woman got out pulled up,her skirt, pulled down her knickers and has a wee!!! She then got back into her car adjusted her makeup made a phone call and then drove off leaving a puddle of wee behind.

PRINTMISS Mon 10-Apr-17 16:29:04

Unbelievable! (but obviously true!)

Lazigirl Mon 10-Apr-17 16:41:16

A man stopped his car across the road from our house last week. Hopped out and had wee in the hedge. Did himself up, and off he drove. He had passengers in the car too! I should add we don't live in middle of countryside, but in an urban area! Perhaps we are becoming more French, rather late in the day as we are on our way out of EU!

ninathenana Mon 10-Apr-17 16:43:17

shock lazy moo. The clue's in the name madam 'services'

nanaK54 Mon 10-Apr-17 16:46:26

shock

ninathenana Mon 10-Apr-17 16:47:58

We often see guys in the layby on the dual carriage way near us. One last Friday lunch time in fact and he wasn't even trying to be discreet.
The woman ww saw though takes some beating smile

whitewave Mon 10-Apr-17 16:51:34

I simply don't understand her though. The lavatory would only be 2 minutes away, and there is never a queue as it is so large and modern - only built about 8 years ago.

It's the embarrassment that would get me I would rather wet myself I think.

whitewave Mon 10-Apr-17 16:53:22

The worse time is to be stuck on a motorway in a major jam, that gets very dicey!!

Badenkate Mon 10-Apr-17 16:58:11

Certainly does if you're on diuretic tablets whitewave!

Galen Mon 10-Apr-17 17:14:25

Remember one occasion my car died on the M5,
I was desperate so, while waiting for the AA, I scrambled down the bank, dropped my underwear, swatted down,-------

Right onto a patch of stinging nettles!

It was dark at the time

whitewave Mon 10-Apr-17 17:16:23

grin nettle stings go on and on and on!!!!!

Riverwalk Mon 10-Apr-17 17:20:23

I can only assume that the woman was desperate and needed to go, there and then.

Would you have preferred her to not quite make it to the loo and sit in urine-soaked knickers & skirt for the rest of her journey?

Galen Mon 10-Apr-17 17:20:34

Tell me about it. I was very cross with dh when all he did was roar with laughter at my woeful tale?

Iam64 Mon 10-Apr-17 17:23:10

I don't care if she was desperate, I'm harsh! Gross behaviour imo.

whitewave Mon 10-Apr-17 17:42:18

Well if she was of mature years I could have been generous and assumed she had a dodgy bladder, but this woman was late 20s early 30s and was only 2 mins away from the loo, she could have also parked nearer.

The thing is anyone could well have parked there and paddled in the wee

Jalima1108 Mon 10-Apr-17 18:12:15

Yes, I think it is gross!

Would you have preferred her to not quite make it to the loo and sit in urine-soaked knickers & skirt for the rest of her journey?
I really would not worry at all about that - her car, her clothes, her urine; instead she shared it with other people.

Ana Mon 10-Apr-17 18:15:23

If she was of really mature years she wouldn't have been able to squat and go! I think I'd have a problem unless I had something to hold onto to get back up!

Jalima1108 Mon 10-Apr-17 18:22:08

it would have served her right if she had stumbled and fallen in the puddle

Maggiemaybe Mon 10-Apr-17 18:23:09

Well, how uncouth! grin I have had to have emergency wees in my time, but have always found some form of cover. She obviously didn't mind an audience!

Jalima1108 Mon 10-Apr-17 18:23:45

It's the fact that there were toilets nearby and other people around shock

I'm not saying I haven't sneaked behind a bush in the middle of nowhere.

whitewave Mon 10-Apr-17 18:28:20

I frequently do that, as we go on long walks miles from the nearest lav or person.

Galen Mon 10-Apr-17 18:48:49

Well, watch out for nettles

Maggiemaybe Mon 10-Apr-17 18:53:53

When I used to go what I laughingly call "running", I always needed a wee at the most awkward point, despite always having "gone" just before I set off. My running companion and I were similarly afflicted, and decided it was some sort of flaw in the female anatomy. Thank goodness for big tree trunks to hide behind, even if they are sometimes not quite as big as you think. blush

Iam64 Mon 10-Apr-17 18:54:37

I do watch out for nettles Galen and creepy crawlies but these days, I'm often nipping behind a tree when out on a long walk. Worst is Sunday mornings because I've had a cup of tea and two coffee's before taking the dogs out. I always find a hidden spot but the two dogs standing nearby, wagging their tails may be a bit of a giveaway. Not like a public pee with a motorway service station toilet within couple of minutes run though

Katek Mon 10-Apr-17 20:31:00

I had a similar experience Galen - thought I'd climb over 2' wall to afford me some privacy when caught short on a drive home late one evening. The wall was 2' on my side but there was a 6' drop on the other side right into a patch of stinging nettles. Being only 5' tall I couldn't get back up until DH came to see why I was taking so long. He had to pull me rather inelegantly up the wall as he laughed hysterically. I didn't find it as funny!!