Gransnet forums

Chat

Whoops - Easter egg faux par

(33 Posts)
Millymoo Sun 16-Apr-17 14:14:27

Ok which Granny got their 9 year old grandson liquor chocolate little eggs?

Oh that'll just be me then!

I should have gone to Specsavers ?

FarNorth Mon 17-Apr-17 21:26:09

As a child, I found liqueurs revolting. My DD, as a child, was disappointed to find the same after buying herself some naughty sweeties at the local shop. (no age restrictions at that time.)

hereshoping Tue 18-Apr-17 08:24:55

My sister told me that she used to give her toddlers Bonios to chew on (she's a very doggy person)
I didn't believe it but my daughters told me that it was true. Needless to say, my girls didn't indulge.

IngeJones Tue 18-Apr-17 08:54:12

I used to love to sneak dog biscuits from my dog owning neighbors when I was a kid! I liked that they came in 3 different colors that weren't the boring brown of human biscuits, and they tasted ok as I didn't mind savory flavors.

shysal Tue 18-Apr-17 09:17:23

Some friends used to give their toddler a Bonio every Sunday to keep him occupied throughout the Church service. Probably more healthy than a sugary snack.

marionk Tue 18-Apr-17 22:39:37

My cocker spaniel once ate two packets of foil covered chocolate coins at Christmas and then produced the most amazing glittering poos!

NfkDumpling Thu 20-Apr-17 06:07:43

My cocker spaniel ate an old hand knitted boot sock - which came unravelled in his insides - not nice. It was blue I seem to remember.

NfkDumpling Thu 20-Apr-17 06:13:03

Gosh, thank you, a memory coming back - my gran used to give me chocolate liqueurs too and I would have been quite little. Under eight. A special sneaked treat. She tried to foist the cherry brandy ones off on me as she didn't like them, I didn't either (and still don't) but ate them anyway as they were illicit and dad didn't approve.