Gransnet forums

Chat

Yorkshire Ladies

(15 Posts)
GracesGranMK2 Thu 18-May-17 19:57:11

That worked - thank you Elegran. It asked if I wanted North Yorkshire to be my home page so hopefully I can leave Essex in peace!

Hopehope Thu 18-May-17 18:53:45

I just Google it but thanks Elegran thats just the ticket.

Elegran Thu 18-May-17 18:45:20

When I clicked on local site it came up with Essex too. We don't all live in Essex!

I searched the Gransnet site, and found this telling you how to find your local site. Hope it works.
www.gransnet.com/gnlocal/gransnet-local-faq

GracesGranMK2 Thu 18-May-17 17:52:06

I'm sorry to be a whimp but do you know where Hopehope?

Hopehope Thu 18-May-17 17:48:16

Graces gran you need to type in which local site you want. Far view I dont come from Yorkshire either.Kupari thanks for the intro. Hope your op goes well

Kupari45 Thu 18-May-17 16:55:49

P.S. Forgot to say I enjoy Tai Chi in Thirsk, and Swimming on a wednesday. We have a terrific swimming pool in Thirsk.

Kupari45 Thu 18-May-17 16:47:32

Hello Hopehope.
I think our North Yorks Forum would get off to a good start if those of us who live here introduced ourselves, and got to know one another. As it is- its a bit confusing when Ladies from (Down South) came on to say hello! If you see what I mean!!
I would love to meet up occasionally with others in my area. We could meet at Thirsk Garden Centre to kick off- and others in the area could suggest Venues nearer their area.
We havent had a local "Editor" for yonks so it might take a bit of time to kick off.
I live in a Village just outside Thirsk with my husband and our dog. I'm 72, obviously retired. I like going to the cinema, reading -going out for lunches . I go on the train to York occasionally and enjoy shopping and mooching around York.We enjoy going off for a few days on Self Catering cottage holidays with our dog. Go off every 6-7 weeks usually to the North East Coast -Embleton,Craster etc. We have enjoyed walking round Leyburn,Masham etc. However I am having a hip replacement on the 30th of this month so that will slow me down for a few weeks, but I shall be on my (Tablet) each day. Look forward to hearing from some of you in my area.
Brenda.

GracesGranMK2 Thu 18-May-17 15:26:47

I just clicked on the 'local' tab and it was all about Essex! I would say hi but this makes it difficult. I am sure I am still in North Yorkshire ... or did they move it? Help confused

Any way - good luck Hopehope flowers

farview Thu 18-May-17 14:09:48

From the other colour Rose county ?lol but wishing you luck and plenty of popper inners?

Hopehope Wed 17-May-17 19:57:47

My Dog is from west. Hula :-)

hulahoop Wed 17-May-17 19:27:30

I am more west but good luck hopehope

Hopehope Wed 17-May-17 18:10:32

Of course Kitty. How could I forget them

Greyduster Wed 17-May-17 18:07:42

I live so far south in Yorkshire that if I fell out of bed I would land in Derbyshire! BUT if you cut me across the middle you would find Yorkshire printed there like a stick of rock! My son lives in York, so he has more bragging rights than me! Good luck with your editorship, Hopehope

kittylester Wed 17-May-17 17:44:43

I'm not one but are Yorkshire men welcome too?

Hopehope Wed 17-May-17 16:48:20

Some of you will know that I am having a go at editing the North Yorkshire Local site. I am still in my trial period :-) It has been lovely to have a few of you " Pop in" so to speak, and a couple of more experienced Local Editors giving support, and advice.

BUT I think because the site has not had an editor for some time People have moved on. I am working at it, enjoying it so far but need more visitors. C'mon Ladies don't be shy ( I know you are not!), You don't even have to live in Yorkshire just pop over and see what's happening, have a chat on the local forum. I DO talk to myself at home, but I would rather talk to all of you on the site smile.

I promise to put the kettle on.