Gransnet forums

Chat

Why is my nose...

(32 Posts)
Baggs Fri 09-Jun-17 21:00:08

...always cold in the evening?

NaughtyNanna Sun 11-Jun-17 13:23:25

I get cold kneecaps! Not legs or back of knees, just the actual kneecaps. My Dad used to get this too and as a child I knitted knee warmers for him!

pollyperkins Sun 11-Jun-17 13:47:12

My feet spmetimes take ages tovwarm up in bed too (in the winter) bit I find that if i put socks on ( even quite thin ones) they warm up quite quickly.

dumdum Sun 11-Jun-17 15:03:32

Some drugs can lead to cold extremities...feet etc. Usually beta blockers, ones whose names end with 'lol' eg bisoprolol

Elrel Sun 11-Jun-17 15:42:38

I move around less in the evenings so my feet get cold. I wear socks in bed most night.
What I wonder is why my nose is often red! I rarely drink alcohol, avoid coffee and don't have much tea.

Cherrytree59 Sun 11-Jun-17 18:26:11

Cold nose - Warm heart

My nose and bottom are always cold
So if it's the extremities that are the coldest then my nose and bum must stick out quite farshock

grandtanteJE65 Sun 11-Jun-17 18:39:03

Nose and eyes running can be due to cold, but can also be an allergic reaction to something.

I never have cold feet, perhaps because I am usually barefooted in my own home. Everyone else in the family suffers from cold feet, so try a foot-muff, a sheepskin bag, woolly side in, that you slip your feet into when sitting in the evening.

In Greenland the cure for chilblains is to rub a little of your own pee onto them. It cures the itch and helps the swelling go done, so if you can get past the distaste that the idea causes, the cure does work.