Gransnet forums

Chat

Invisibility or "I think it was me actually"

(79 Posts)
MawBroon Wed 14-Jun-17 09:17:38

It's happening again.
I post a comment on a thread, a couple of posts later AN Other says the same and there is a clamour of "well said AN Other . A little while later somebody remarks "as AN Other said....." and" I agree with AN Other "
It happens in RL too, at my Eng Lit class the tutor was "musing" on something (the name of a minor character) I gave the name, there was some more musing and muttering and then somebody else said it, then "oh yes of course! Well done you for remembering!"
hmmhmmhmm

Wheniwasyourage Wed 14-Jun-17 09:20:24

It's all a part of the invisibility of the more mature woman, MawBroon. Unfortunately it seems that some of us are more invisible than others, that's all. flowers

Iam64 Wed 14-Jun-17 09:36:26

I'm waving but I don't expect anyone to notice ????

Anniebach Wed 14-Jun-17 09:40:05

Hope your not drowning Iam

Iam64 Wed 14-Jun-17 09:42:05

Nah, I learned to swim at the grand age of 25 - in and out of the water, life lessons

sunseeker Wed 14-Jun-17 09:45:57

Same thing happens to me online and in RL too!

cornergran Wed 14-Jun-17 09:52:42

Mr C and I often say wouldn't it's be good if we could give the invisibility cloak back to Harry Potter. It seems there are a lot of us about smile.

MawBroon Wed 14-Jun-17 09:54:00

And nobody has even replied to my post!! gringrin

Luckygirl Wed 14-Jun-17 09:55:32

Happens to the best of us (i.e. ME!) so do not feel singled out! grin

Greyduster Wed 14-Jun-17 10:02:28

It used to upset me back in the GN day, but I'm used to it now ?.

ninathenana Wed 14-Jun-17 10:18:37

I think it happens to all of us at some point on GN Maw it certainly does to me.
I think people often don't read every post, just op and last 3-4 and then latch onto what an-other has posted.

harrigran Wed 14-Jun-17 10:33:48

Maw, I do empathise. DH will say "who was that chap in that TV series" ? I will reply "Joe Bloggs", DH continues scrolling on his phone and then "aha, it's Joe Bloggs" hmm Why ask the question if you don't listen to the answer ?

yggdrasil Wed 14-Jun-17 10:38:58

because he was talking to himself? :-)

Kim0612 Wed 14-Jun-17 10:40:57

Yes, this happens to me a lot, I am always saying 'I must be I'm invisible', good to know I'm not on my own though.

kittylester Wed 14-Jun-17 10:42:11

It happens to me loads on GN unless I happen to go on a politics thread. grin

Jalima1108 Wed 14-Jun-17 10:43:00

I hope I didn't do that to you MawBroon !
I did refer to you when I commented on the same thing on another thread.
Sometimes I may have been guilty of that because I haven't RTTS.

DH does this to me all the time; he comes home and tells me what a brilliant idea one of his cronies friends has had - when I have been pounding his ear about the same thing for ages.

(Read The Thread Stupid)

It could be worse - my posts are misinterpreted and I get told off by some who could 'start an argument in an empty room'.

Kateykrunch Wed 14-Jun-17 10:47:35

Well I hope no-one has already mentioned this, but hubby and I blame it on the fact that we take invisibility pills, we must do!, often ignored and more disconcerting it the fact that people often walk into me, I am overweight, they MUST blo***y well see me!!

Alima Wed 14-Jun-17 10:51:00

I am surprised this happens to you Maw, I tend to think of you as one of the GN big guns so to speak. Happens to me all the time, often think, oh blow this, CBA anymore. DH is the worst but I get my own back on him.

MawBroon Wed 14-Jun-17 11:02:08

gringrin alima I feel flattered.
Big gun or loose cannon, I think it might be a by-product of my "wee town" upbringing and education where sadly girls were NOT encouraged to speak up.
So it is a major effort to lay myself open to the disparaging attitude I grew up with where no matter what you achieved, you would be "put down" or reduced to your childhood status by the comment
"Ah kent his faither"
("I knew his father")

kittylester Wed 14-Jun-17 11:08:19

Whatever sort of 'gun' you are Maw, I always note your posts too. There are certain people that I feel I know better than others and you are one of them. You are not invisible.

gillybob Wed 14-Jun-17 11:15:02

I think it happens to most of us Maw especially on those very long threads where (if you have come to the discussion a few pages in) you may have missed what someone has already said and repeat it. I don't believe any of us would ignore someone's post deliberately.... or would they?

merlotgran Wed 14-Jun-17 11:15:59

The graveyard slot for posts is at the bottom of a page. I've often clicked 'post' then realised it probably won't be read and somebody else will say exactly the same thing on the following page.

Usually doesn't bother me.

shysal Wed 14-Jun-17 11:19:04

Happens to me all the time. I will go to a lot of effort searching on line for a link or a product, which then gets ignored, only to be repeated later to huge acclaim by somebody more visible!
I also think your posts are always worth reading and inwardly digesting, MawBroon. You often say what I am thinking, but I don't have your way with words so don't comment.

MawBroon Wed 14-Jun-17 11:37:28

gillybob I wouldn't be too sure about that grin
You are right not to let it bother you merlot and others, just hit a nerve recently blush

TriciaF Wed 14-Jun-17 11:47:50

So just chip in sometimes and say"No no no it was me me me that said it! back on page so and so".
I don't think you would do that grin