Gransnet forums

Chat

do u have anything strange in your fridge/freezer?

(70 Posts)
Morgana Wed 14-Jun-17 22:05:08

I have a frozen rabbit two frozen quails and some frozen mice. How about you?

Hm999 Sat 17-Jun-17 20:25:35

Small balls of cooked fish in clingfilm (we are veggies) for the recuperation of cat when she was ill last year. She's made a speedier than expected recovery!

stillaliveandkicking Sat 17-Jun-17 17:46:42

Don't mind me, just testing..

Lewlew Sat 17-Jun-17 13:58:37

annsixty Sat 17-Jun-17 13:57:05 OMG how awful!! shock

annsixty Sat 17-Jun-17 13:57:05

The following story is absolutely true but not too much detail for obvious reasons.
One Christmas Eve some years ago now my cousins BiL didn't come home from work. His car was still in the car park and the whole family had a dreadful time out searching , helping the police etc .
He was found several days later after clues being put together in a colleague's parents freezer. The terrible thing was the post mortem showed he wasn't dead when he was put in.
His parents were away for the holiday. Imagine coming home and finding that.

NonnaW Sat 17-Jun-17 12:54:01

DS2 used to be keen on paint balling and kept the paint balls in his freezer.

Lewlew Sat 17-Jun-17 11:57:30

starbird Thu 15-Jun-17 16:14:27

If NanKate has the syringes, then she has the trays that you squirt the gel into.

There are cheaper trays you can get on the internet, and gels...but I have the dentist custom fit tray.

Recently I have bought my syringes when I visit the US as they are cheaper.

00mam00 Sat 17-Jun-17 11:34:56

Yes AUNTIE FLO they were collected to make sloe gin, but popped in freezer until DH has time to do it, when ever that might be!

Teetime Sat 17-Jun-17 08:53:44

Sometimes I have body bits - my SIL is a bio-medical scientist and if he is en route either to or from a lab he puts his bits in the freezer - none at the moment.

SueDonim Fri 16-Jun-17 20:48:26

That's fabulous, Annodomini grin

annodomini Fri 16-Jun-17 20:46:05

There was a bag of round balls in my freezer.(Stop sniggering over there) I thought they looked interesting and decided to have some for my evening meal. Was a bit shocked when I found that they were fat balls for the birds that I'd completely forgotten.

NanKate Fri 16-Jun-17 20:25:17

Starbird to answer your question of yesterday I buy the syringes of peroxide gel from my dentist. About two years ago she took an imprint of my teeth and I then I Had aplastic type gum shield made. I put the peroxide in the gum shield and fix it over my teeth about 3 nights in a row. I do this about once a year. My teeth then slowly whiten over a week or two. It is the only cosmetic appliance or procedure I have ever had and I think it is brilliant. I no longer have yellow coloured teeth. Hope that helps.

Redrobin51 Thu 15-Jun-17 21:09:59

I don't suppose you have read the short story "Lamb to the slaughter" it nearly out ideas into my head, lol.x

SueDonim Thu 15-Jun-17 20:38:45

I've just remembered that someone we knew vaguely in the States had a chihuahua in their freezer. The couple was splitting up and they couldn't decide which of them would have the honour of burying their dog in the garden, after it died in a road accident, so they froze it instead. Bonkers!

Maggiemaybe Thu 15-Jun-17 20:28:25

We've had a couple of kiwi fruit in the fridge for over a year. When we were in New Zealand we were told they keep indefinitely in the fridge, so we might leave them there just to see if it's true.

Baggs Thu 15-Jun-17 20:21:04

Better add one of these: ?

Baggs Thu 15-Jun-17 20:19:36

Haven't had weevils in flour for ages. When half a sack of bread flour was infested affected by them I included them in the bread so we ate them. Didn't come to any harm.... us, that is; I suppose you could say the weevils did but isn't a weevil's purpose in life to be eaten by something else, bit like voles' main purpose being to be owl food.

Daisyboots Thu 15-Jun-17 20:10:23

Two bags of flour. I was told that if you freeze the flour for some days when you first buy it you won't get those horrible weevils crawling in it. It has worked so far.

grandtanteJE65 Thu 15-Jun-17 18:17:18

I have just de-frosted the freezer, said she virtuously, so there is not anything strange lurking there. We purposely bought a smaller freezer when we moved house recently so as not to have food in it so long that we ended up throwing it out.
Fridge? The oddest thing is a jar of pickled yellow peppers, given me by my neighbour who comes originally from Kosovo. I'm not sure what they will go with, anything I suppose that we usually eat gherkins with.

Baggs Thu 15-Jun-17 17:12:51

Some linseed oil-based painting mixtures of MrB's: Velázquez Mixture and Olio Gel.

hildajenniJ Thu 15-Jun-17 17:04:17

Gel packs!

hildajenniJ Thu 15-Jun-17 17:03:52

The only non food item in my freezer is a couple of help packs for sprains, and two of those inserts for cool bags/boxes.

judypark Thu 15-Jun-17 16:51:22

My DD kept her beloved late parrot in her freezer for nine years until, due to a power cut poor Polly got defrosted.
Owing to a house move I had to clean out my ancient chest freezer, apart from the obligilitary shrivelled peas and wrinkly sweetcorns I discovered a pack of Ice-Pops welded to the base. My children were by then in their thirties!

Auntieflo Thu 15-Jun-17 16:38:51

00Mam00, why aren't your sloes happily pickling in some gin, instead of lurking in your freezer? smile

TwiceAsNice Thu 15-Jun-17 16:38:31

Mr Men cold pack to put on "bumps" and a bottle of opened Calpol both for the grandchildren

KatyK Thu 15-Jun-17 16:20:15

My DD did exactly the same with their guinea pig
SueDonim ! Son-in-law was away but wanted to be there at the burial.