Gransnet forums

Chat

Argy-Bargy Cafe - enter at your peril ?

(1001 Posts)
Anya Fri 16-Jun-17 16:54:29

I'd never dare enter some of the safe havens on GN ??

But does anyone remember Pete's Cafe (?? or something like that??) where those of a more robust nature met to exchange witticisms and the like?

There's no tea and cakes, but a good selection of alcohol ?? and pork scratchings etc.. Dress code is flexible, but no twin sets and pearls (or anything else that can be clutched to bosoms). Cross dressers etc. welcome (providing they stick to the no twin-set rule even if no bosons to clutch to)

I'll try to drop in tonight to see if there are any customers.

All suggestions as to Cafe Rules are welcome. I'd start by suggesting no talk about cats or knitting ?

Marydoll Mon 24-Jul-17 22:47:34

I have just had a message from the Admiral. The fleet ?️is in town. Let's party??????. Get out the best champagne, the guys will pay.wink

POGS Mon 24-Jul-17 22:45:51

Pint of Bicardi and Coke with 4 Ice and I will show you my refined act of playing chopsticks on the piano with me nipples.

Anybody else have a party trick.?

rosesarered Mon 24-Jul-17 22:42:34

This is all getting too bizarre, come on POGS fart your way through 'I did it my way' for us, and I'll get the drinks in.????????

Marydoll Mon 24-Jul-17 22:41:59

I wished I had known about it before I retired. I had a colleague who was always going on about her alopecia down there.grinI could have advised her.

POGS Mon 24-Jul-17 22:38:58

Keep you warm? grin

rosesarered Mon 24-Jul-17 22:21:16

shock

But if you were, ahem! Hairless, that would be fashionable, who on earth would want a little wig for it? ( don't tell me!)

POGS Mon 24-Jul-17 22:07:13

Rosesarered

How can I put it politely.

A Merkin is for the folically-challenged 'down below'. Or if I were a rude person if you have alopecia of the #@\#%@.

I thought you would get it Ana. wink

They never did that 'Sticky Back Plastic' challenge on Blue Peter did they. grin

Menopaws Mon 24-Jul-17 22:04:05

Swanny is taking her time inspecting the bog, has she bumped into Policeman Pot and having a party of their own?

Marydoll Mon 24-Jul-17 22:01:36

gringringrin

Menopaws Mon 24-Jul-17 22:00:15

Mary got that sticky back lying on the bar floor too often

Menopaws Mon 24-Jul-17 21:58:20

There's a place called Merkins Cafe, shall we rename our cafe that then we could all run around wearing them, or knit our own, sorry Anya knitting not allowed. Make them out of Granvilles fur?

Ana Mon 24-Jul-17 21:56:55

(especially with that sticky back!)

Ana Mon 24-Jul-17 21:55:28

Obviously POGS and I are women of the world...no wonder you thought it was a hairpiece Marydoll! grin

Menopaws Mon 24-Jul-17 21:52:13

Two screws in the wall coming up roses, google merkin, I'm not telling you, I'll get told off again

rosesarered Mon 24-Jul-17 21:52:09

Is it a cross between a meerkat and a bodkin?

Marydoll Mon 24-Jul-17 21:49:56

I don't know where Chewy is. I know things are a bit difficult between us just now because of the young, virile, fit, handsome, hunk of a vet, but she is still my best mate. I ' m worried as to why she needs a merkin, we usually share all our secrets.
PS. I never knew what a " merkin" was. I had to look it up. grin

Ana Mon 24-Jul-17 21:48:01

You'll be lucky - the last time they had any limes in here was when they had that colour-blind delivery man! grin

rosesarered Mon 24-Jul-17 21:45:14

What, in the name of all that is holy, is a merkin? We are not having another pet in here!

rosesarered Mon 24-Jul-17 21:43:23

Where is little Garnet tonight...ah, asleep in the peanut bowl again I see, having eaten all the nuts first.Doesn't Chewy ever feed him?

Hmm, what shall I have, something different methinks, a cocktail!
Let's see the menu....

Sex on the beach,
The Argy Special,
Midnight in the Oasis,
A night in the casbah,
Hammer and tongs,
Midshipmans pleasure,
A screw in the wall ( ooh, tempting!) made from apricot brandy, a dash of Jack Daniels, lemonade and a slice of lime.

That's the one! Choice made, and a double please Meno??

Ana Mon 24-Jul-17 21:36:06

We, if it wasn't yours, I'd suspect Chewy, seeing as how things are a bit difficult between you at the moment!

I suggest you ask her whether she's missing a merkin - she could well have 'planted' it on you when you were pissed distracted...

rosesarered Mon 24-Jul-17 21:35:26

It certainly is! I used to be sweet and innocent until I came to this place.?

Marydoll Mon 24-Jul-17 21:31:35

POGS I am an innocent. Being in the café is indeed an education.?

POGS Mon 24-Jul-17 20:34:47

Marydoll are you sure it wasn't a Merkin?

If it was a Merkin, who did it once belong to?

Not yours I hope confused

Marydoll Mon 24-Jul-17 19:01:20

Well, Roses, it wasn't a wig, it was actually a ferret coloured substitute hair piece, but don't tell Chewy, as things have been a bit tense between us lately. Something to do with a vet wink
Menopaws, those are my "pulling" boots, but I don't how the Admiral came to be wearing them.confused. I think someone may have spiked my drink.
Ana, he did have hair when I first met him. I think stress can cause your hair to fall out. I cannot divulge what has stressed him so much. Chewy swore me to secrecy. wink
Anyway, I'm off for a curry, heaven knows where Anya has got to! She should have been here at lunch time, but the shutters were down. Probably been in at the gin bar again.
Not a great introduction to the Argy Caff, Swanny and Pogs The staff are so unreliable. I have a feeling the are all down at the "Able Seamen's Club". Lots of toyboys there.

Ana Mon 24-Jul-17 18:37:21

Yes - fishes aren't mad! shock

By DGDs' goldfish is very knowing...

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion