Gransnet forums

Chat

Can't argue with that!

(10 Posts)
kittylester Fri 21-Jul-17 09:20:38

Since he retired, DH has been a volunteer driver mostly taking people to and from hospital appointments!

He announced to day that he would rather drive women than men as 'men are a lot more mardy!'

Straight from the horse's mouth!! grin

MawBroon Fri 21-Jul-17 09:21:55

"With age comes wisdom."
(Old Broon family saying)

rosesarered Fri 21-Jul-17 09:24:09

kitty.....grin has he only just noticed this fact of life?

gillybob Fri 21-Jul-17 09:24:24

I'm surprised to hear that kitty my mum was on dialysis for years and travelled to and from hospital 3/4 times a week every week. Sometimes with ambulances and often with volunteer drivers. The various drivers always used to say my mum was the exception as she was a friendly/grateful woman whereas most women were miserable old bats (well maybe not those exact words) they used to say that the men were grateful for the ride and the company whereas woman did nothing but moan.

gillybob Fri 21-Jul-17 09:25:50

Meant to add that they do a wonderful job smile

kittylester Fri 21-Jul-17 09:47:12

gilly Dh loves his (Mostly) little old ladies. Thankfully fir me! Well, I'm not little! grin

Roses, just been forced to admit it!! grin

gillybob Fri 21-Jul-17 09:53:28

Or old kitty smile

MawBroon Fri 21-Jul-17 10:15:51

I won't comment on "Laydee" grin

TriciaF Fri 21-Jul-17 11:43:33

I used to do hospital driving, and elderly people to other meetings etc. I mostly had women, so can't comment on the difference.
The one thing that did annoy me though was one day when I had been delayed, and the old lady told her host on arrival "sorry I'm late, but 'the driver' was late picking me up."
A bit petty I know, and I hope I won't be like that when I need a lift somewhere.

cornergran Fri 21-Jul-17 11:58:23

Oh tricia. Can understand your irritation. Mr C had an Aunt who trotted out those sorts of comments constantly. She didn't mean to offend but she surely did. Volunteer drivers are like all volunteers, keep society running in my view. I too am a little surprised that your husband has only just had that lightbulb moment, kitty. grin.