Gransnet forums

Chat

Argy-Bargy Cafe - enter at your peril ?

(1001 Posts)
Ana Tue 25-Jul-17 16:49:37

Come on, you lot, are you all still comatose after reaching 1,000 posts last night?

That bar won't re-stock itself you know, and I'm too busy buffing my nails...wink

lemongrove Tue 31-Oct-17 20:24:59

Meanwhile, any customers, help yourself from the bar, put your feet up and enjoy yourselves!??

lemongrove Tue 31-Oct-17 20:23:58

Well, time we had a new bar, there is a brand new gleaming one for sale just down the road, shall I put in an offer?

lemongrove Tue 31-Oct-17 20:22:37

I have now got your cold Meno am sneezing and wheezing and coughing, ??
I have just popped in for a hot toddy and a kind word.

Marydoll Tue 31-Oct-17 20:12:24

Oh no!!! sad. Does that mean we will have to shut down the Argy? That would be catastrophic. We need to recruit new members fast or has it run its course?
Thanks for the punch, what exactly is in it?

Menopaws Tue 31-Oct-17 19:34:17

Come on folks four more posts to 1000, I've made a Halloween punch so all welcome, best costume wins the box of out of date scratchings

Menopaws Tue 31-Oct-17 13:46:48

Seriously I sound like a donkey in labour

Menopaws Tue 31-Oct-17 09:04:56

One benefit is I have the most incredibly sexy voice so look out all you sailors once the sneezing stops

Menopaws Tue 31-Oct-17 09:03:36

Got two hours sleep and no sympathy from my husband who just said he was the one dying ( yes I know tasteless but we keep it light round here!) so I said it was my turn, but at least he took dog out before going to work. I pass on my apologies for not being able to come in and clean the bar but I doubt anyone will notice...now back to the brandy, think I'll put some on my cornflakes, that will help me sleep, thanks all

Marydoll Tue 31-Oct-17 08:42:45

Menopaws, I do hope you feel better today, please take it easy.?? I'll have to remember to remove the darts from the meno dartboard before you return.?Have another toddy ( that is if there is any whisky left) ??

Menopaws Tue 31-Oct-17 01:22:30

I guessed you would do something like that Chewy but I don't blame you, how about a prize to whoever hits a nipple just to make it interesting? Hang on I won't be there to join in, oh I'm past caring aaaaaaaattttttttcchhhooooo..

Chewbacca Mon 30-Oct-17 23:52:14

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly Menopaws, hope you're feeling much better by morning. But.... if we have to have your photo behind the bar, is it OK with you if the punters throw darts at it? Obviously I wouldn't do such a rotten thing by that lemon and Marydoll might. Here's a hot toddy to keep you cheery. winebrew

Menopaws Mon 30-Oct-17 23:39:45

I'm not feeling well enough to think of a clever answer, so please excuse me while I have a quick sinex and try and sleep, will be back in the room tomorrow I hope. If I peg out please have a big party for me and raise a glass or several and remember your sparring partner and I want a big picture of me put up behind the bar so I can keep an eye on you all.

Marydoll Mon 30-Oct-17 21:27:10

Oh, does he have any LARGE friends??

Chewbacca Mon 30-Oct-17 21:20:45

You lucky devil Menopaws envy

Menopaws Mon 30-Oct-17 20:58:44

I've got a rotten cold from too many late nights in the cellar with too few clothes on, going to bed with a large Captain Morgan...

lemongrove Mon 30-Oct-17 08:32:37

I would join you all there Marydoll but it’s not safe North of the wall, as we know, white walkers appear at any time, and Winter is coming!?

Marydoll Sun 29-Oct-17 23:19:28

Are you cutting down "Meno"?
Now that Chewy is back from counting sheep, we need to liven things up. Where IS everyone?
I think Jane is looking out her disguise for Edinburgh and Soop is trying to get a visa for Edinburgh. Not an easy task, they are very particular who they allow across the M8. I have had to bribe someone.wink

lemongrove Sun 29-Oct-17 22:33:36

A double brandy please!

lemongrove Sun 29-Oct-17 22:32:44

Yes, Meno is the good time that has been had by all.?
As is Marydoll and one or two others in The Argy ( and I include myself in that) I guess it’s what happens when you wear fur coats and no knickers and have a trusting nature.Sigh!

Menopaws Sun 29-Oct-17 20:10:11

Ooooh yes

Marydoll Sun 29-Oct-17 07:41:52

He also knows a good time girl, when he meets one. wink

Menopaws Sun 29-Oct-17 07:39:00

He certainly knows a good wine when he sees one which is why i had to drink them all as he didn't like any of them. Oh well he was fun while he lasted. Next.

Marydoll Sat 28-Oct-17 15:08:09

Well Meno, could that have something to do with the amount of drink you consumed in the cellar with Carruthers?
I'm only asking, no offence intended.grin

Menopaws Sat 28-Oct-17 14:26:34

Flaming hell, I don't know what to say anymore!

Marydoll Sat 28-Oct-17 08:17:55

Oh dear, is this thread about a thread? I'm never sure confused what is acceptable.
Anyway, I noticed Carruthers being carted off in a police riot van last night. I do hope it's nothing seriouswink. Well that him out of the way for the time being
Has anyone seen Meno? She hasn't emerged from the cellar?
Whilst that has all being going on going on, Chewy has gone off to visit her Welsh sheep farmer boyfriend somewhere in the wilds of Wales and is incommunicado.
She is the only one who can charm the inspectors to drop the case.grin We need a plan!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion