Gransnet forums

Chat

What have you done today?

(250 Posts)
vampirequeen Fri 28-Jul-17 08:50:18

We went to Ikea. Never going to go during the school holidays again. Why do yummy mummies think it's OK for their little poppets to run around and climb on things? It's a shop not a playground. Fortunately we knew exactly what we wanted so didn't have to stay too long whilst Felix, Imelda et al ran amok. Later we went to B and Q. Not a yummy mummy hang out so it was much better.

MissAdventure Thu 31-Aug-17 16:31:25

I've done it too, at times. Its fine until they ask a particularly tricky question,
I've found. I'm sure they do it on purpose! wink

NfkDumpling Thu 31-Aug-17 16:24:26

Pretend to be the someone else?! (I have done that - to my shame)

MissAdventure Thu 31-Aug-17 16:17:24

Thanks, dumpling
They were very nice, but not able to do anything really because of data protection, as I need advice on behalf of someone else.
I have the weight of the world on my shoulders, I'm afraid.

NfkDumpling Thu 31-Aug-17 16:14:13

This morning DH and I winched our sailing boat out of the water and cleaned the slime off her bottom. A few years back there'd have been seeded fresh water mussels stuck to her too but not now. I wonder if the water is too clean for them. The coots which like mussels are well down in numbers too. There must be a link. Then we went for a little sail and got back for a very late lunch. DH is now snoring gently on the sofa.

I hope CAB were able to help you MissAdventure

whitewave Thu 31-Aug-17 15:58:51

Made tonight's curry. Pruned the climbing rose Wolleston Hall. Hoed and weeded bit, phoned an Aunt and then spent 1 hour yakking about the state if the country, what they did in the war and what my cousin is doing. Sewed up a jumper I've made and begun to knit up border. Went to library.

MissAdventure Thu 31-Aug-17 15:40:19

Today I have phoned the citizens advice bureau, for help with a matter that I so much need to get off my chest and get help with. I was hoping everyone here could point me in the right direction, but its too personal to post..

ninathenana Thu 31-Aug-17 14:46:19

Managed to get the washing dry before the rain started about 1 hr ago.
Hoovered through downstairs and shampooed the arms of the sofa. Then had H's home made tomato soup for lunch whilst watching Red Rock. Lazy afternoon with my book.

BBbevan Thu 31-Aug-17 10:03:57

rubysong that is almost an exact replica of a day I had last week. Apart from the Midsomer Murders. DH and SiL love courgette cake, so I made two. Also finished a pair of wellie socks for DH. Are you knitting yours on 2 or 4 needles.?

Today , so far , I have just put out the washing. DD rang to say it is going to rain so we haven't to go and help them put new drains in . Hope it doesn't rain until the washing dries

DD wants some knitted pumpkins for Halloween, so I might start on them ???

rubysong Thu 31-Aug-17 00:05:46

Made two courgette cakes. Had a visit from a tree surgeon, sent by BT. They are going to trim some of our trees ready for fibre broadband to come through to the poles in our garden. Spent the afternoon knitting a sock, (the first I've ever done). Watched an old Midsomer Murders episode with DH.

Newquay Wed 30-Aug-17 22:47:40

Having lovely relaxing stay on South coast with DH helping him convalesce after THR. Got back to hotel and then. . . . Received really sad news about my dear school French penfriend who is ill in hospital. Sadly, can't easily visit which we'd love to do-sigh, passing of a long and happy era.

Katek Wed 30-Aug-17 22:20:59

Spent morning working on Panto songs, had nails done this afternoon and am not long hone after taking Panto rehearsal. Brain now scrambled so off to bed.

TriciaF Wed 30-Aug-17 20:00:21

Drove all over for various errands.
Had a row with DH.
Made a lovely dinner (fried trout and mackerel, new potatoes , ratatouille and fresh lettuce.)
Went for a walk in showery weather.
Sat outside in a fantastic rainstorm - the hot weather has broken at last! Came in and got changed.

Imperfect27 Wed 30-Aug-17 19:35:25

Wiped out all day with a sick migraine. On the mend now. Slept so much l expect l will be awake all night (sigh).

Franbern Tue 29-Aug-17 10:04:13

Drove down to a Craft Fair held deep in Essex. Went through some lovely villages on the way there, with great mansions - lots of money in Essex. Mind you to go and purchase anything from this Fair would need a lot of money, some very nice things but the prices were incredible. I took my own lunch and did not purchase anything, but gave me a few hours out. In the evening my SiL dropped by for a short visit and we had a pleasant meal together and gossip.

BBbevan Tue 29-Aug-17 09:02:56

Nothing much so far, save B-----ed up a thread on here

Maggiemaybe Mon 28-Aug-17 22:11:49

We had the family here for DS's birthday celebration. 12 of us including the four DGS, all 4 and under. It's been a lovely day, full of love and laughter. I've just sat down with my feet up after clearing the debris and am about to have yet another glass of wine. smile

Chewbacca Mon 28-Aug-17 21:55:05

Hope Valley Country Show all day. Lovely day watching sheep dog trials, Shire horses and best tractor! Then home to water a wilting garden. It's been scorching hot here today.

NfkDumpling Mon 28-Aug-17 21:47:05

Aylaham Show today. All day. 28 degrees. Feet hurt.

Auntieflo Sun 27-Aug-17 20:48:22

Went to Church, coffee and chat with friends. Visited a Craft Village and had lunch, and afterwards looked around the concessions. dragged persuaded DH to come out of the record store. Made a terrarium from an old container, but think I have too many rocks. Watered the garden and deadheaded some plants. Read my lovely book for too long. Had a quick supper and a look at GN, and am now waiting for Cormoran Strike on TV.

NfkDumpling Sun 27-Aug-17 19:48:26

Made plum jam and did a bit of ironing and then did nothing. Except sit in the sun and read my book.

We had a lovely barbecue this evening, sipping wine in the garden and listening to 70s and 80s live bands at a pub in town. They were good! Love where I live!

MamaCaz Sun 27-Aug-17 19:48:02

Mowed two lawns with a mower that is on its last legs. Tried to start the trimmer but couldn't. Weeded a couple of sections of the garden. Picked beetroot, runner beans, French beans, courgettes and raspberries, then gave half of them away. Chopped back some shrubs. Went for a walk. Made a cake to enter in our village produce show. Collapsed in a chair with a glass of wine!

Baggs Sun 27-Aug-17 19:28:39

Rounded up some edible lawnmowers (sheep). Photographed some wildflowers for #wildflowerhour on Twitter. Tried out my new hedge-cutter. Had a nearly two-hour nap!

Kateykrunch Sun 27-Aug-17 19:15:59

Lol KatyK, so did we, I wonder if it was the same one we went to.

KatyK Sun 27-Aug-17 18:41:28

Today we went to a fabulous food festival which was bathed in sunshine smile We tasted Normandy cider, toffee vodka (only a tiny thimbleful you understand). There were lovely cooking smells all around us and hundreds of stalls selling SO many different foods and drinks. Wonderful.

pensionpat Sun 27-Aug-17 08:43:40

Newquay. Have you tried The Red Carpet Cinema at Barton Marina? Tiny, 2 screens only but delightful.